#21 Andy Crim

Andy Crim

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 23 July 2011 - 05:28 AM

Jason: This is a Lion issue and may take a while to sort out. We don't yet know why it happens to a few users. Maybe it's the beta testers now on Lion who are having to reinstall 9.4 with an unlock code?

Option-click on the Go menu will let you directly open the user/Library and then you can remove the Accordance that got installed there, or move the other one to this location. I will be happy to screenshare with you to help you.

Yes, I did have to reinstall Accordance. When I tried moving the Accordance folder from the root library to the home library I did not resolve the problem. I had to remove the Accordance folder from the Home/Library.

#22 Greg Terry

Greg Terry

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Interests:Bible Study & Accordance!, Puritans and John Calvin, Old Testament study - especially Leviticus, Model Railroading, Apple Computers, & Fountain Pens
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 23 July 2011 - 10:00 AM

Maybe it's the beta testers now on Lion who are having to reinstall 9.4 with an unlock code?

Not all of them. My Accordance works fine after updating to Lion. My Accordance support files (provided texts, tools, etc) are installed in /Library/Application Support/Accordance. My user created files (user tools, user texts, etc) seem to be in ~/Documents/Accordance Files

Also, if you want to make the ~/Library folder visible, open up your terminal program, copy and past the line of text below into it and press enter or type the command below at the prompt and your Library folder will once again become visible.

chflags nohidden ~/Library/
Peace!

Greg

"I was but a Pen in God's hand, and what praise is due to a Pen?"

–Richard Baxter–

#23 Brent Lawrence

Brent Lawrence

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Interests:Jesus, my wife, my kids, my church, the Boston Red Sox, baseball in general, my Macs, golf (when I have time to play).
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 23 July 2011 - 10:50 AM

At this point a reinstall of 9.4 requires I re-enter the 9.x code. I was a beta tester, but had upgraded prior to Lion. I'm now on Lion.

#24 jcarlettini

jcarlettini

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 11:10 AM

Jason: This is a Lion issue and may take a while to sort out. We don't yet know why it happens to a few users. Maybe it's the beta testers now on Lion who are having to reinstall 9.4 with an unlock code?

Option-click on the Go menu will let you directly open the user/Library and then you can remove the Accordance that got installed there, or move the other one to this location. I will be happy to screenshare with you to help you.

Helen,

Thanks to Greg for telling me how to make my user/library folder visible again I seem to have solved it at least for the time being. I went ahead and copy/pasted everything from my HD/Library to user/Library accordance folders. However, which one is really the one that I ultimately want to keep. If I delete one and reinstall will it work properly? Which one should I delete if I do so? Thanks for your time.

Jason

#25 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,506 posts
  • Twitter:accordancebible
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 23 July 2011 - 11:49 AM

You can delete either one and things should work fine. I would rename or move first to test that the other works. Accordance looks in either location, but if it is in both, it does not know which to use.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#26 jcarlettini

jcarlettini

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 11:50 AM

You can delete either one and things should work fine. I would rename or move first to test that the other works. Accordance looks in either location, but if it is in both, it does not know which to use.

Helen,

Do I remove and reinstall or just remove?

Jason

#27 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,506 posts
  • Twitter:accordancebible
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 23 July 2011 - 11:55 AM

Just remove the folder from one of the Application Support locations, as long as the other has the modules in it. Should not need to reinstall.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users