2) Regarding highlights — can you use Apple iBooks highlighting style? iBooks highlights look way more natural, like real highlighter was used on the paper. Yours is too mechanical. It does its job, but doesn't feel organic...
3) By the way why can't I open user notes by tapping on the red dot? That's what I do in Accordance 9.4 for Mac — to open a user note I double-click the red dot. Here on the touch-controlled device the same red dot suddenly has no touch interface at all... Very confusing!
4) It would be logical if you would swap top right button (open resource split window) with the bottom left button, because split window is at the bottom of the screen, but Open Library mostly concerns the top part of the split screen. That way they would be placed closer to their respective "place of influence".
5) Black toolbars look so much better!!! THANK YOU! If only I could hide them completely when I don't need them... ;-) 5-6 extra lines of text would become available on the screen. On the small iPhone's screen it's really paramount. One tap in an empty place (place on the screen where there is no touch-sensitive links) to hide them, one tap again to show them.
6) Maybe you could show split window's adjustment's handle at the bottom of the screen all the time? Just dim it, when it's at the bottom of the screen. Whenever I'd need the split window, I'd just pull it up again, with the same resource selected and opened. Often I close the split screen to enlarge Bible text area, then have to open EBC or ESVSB in the split window again for another verse, but in order to do that I have to tap on the top right button, then search for the tool again. Not very encouraging to use split window constantly. All this because the split window doesn't remember its tool and doesn't show dimmed handle at the bottom of the screen (those two horizontal lines) when completely closed. And perhaps there could be some gesture to switch between the last 5-6 resources in the split window. That way with one gesture I could quickly switch between dictionary and 2-3 commentaries. Please improve this!
7) Maybe it would be good to place "Add Parallel" Text, Reference Tools and My Notes icons in the toolbar? This way even if I open Texts, I'd still see Reference tools and My Notes icons in the toolbar and could quickly switch between them without going back to the "Add Parallel" screen.
8) And thank you for the verse copy feature — your approach how to select verses for copying is excellent! The best I've seen in mobile applications.
9) How about opening Bible verses in the main or the split window from the popup window (when I tap on any Bible reference in the split window)? BibleReader has special button for that in the popup window's top right corner, but perhaps you could add swipe-sensitive area in the right side of the popup window? Just swipe up and the text in the popup opened in the top (main) window, swipe down across it and it's opened in the split window. No need for the extra buttons as in the BibleReader. Add narrow vertical swipe-sensitive area at the right side of the black popup window to open popup text in the main window or the split window. And popup window could be a notch taller too... Currently it's too narrow...
10) When I bought this spring new MacBook Pro 17" with the high resolution screen (1920x1200), I had to go through all my user notes on Accordance 9.x for Mac and enlarge user notes' font to 14pt to make it easy to read on the HD screen. Now in Accordance 1.3 you have enabled rich text formatting in user notes and suddenly all my notes which look OK on the Mac look large and ugly on my iPhone... Can you think about overriding font face and size settings? For example, Verdana on a Mac could be Georgia on iOS devices, and there could be font size adjustment with the slider — which would turn all larger size fonts to smaller.
Edited by Guntis, 29 July 2011 - 08:59 AM.