searching for "one"

Steve Swayze

I suppose my search is not distinguishing between the rough and smooth breathing marks. How do I search for the word "one" in Greek? thanks

I think what you want to do is 1) Go to Search in the Menu and select "Enter Lexical Form" 2) Then type "e" "i" "s" and then you should see some options. 3) Select the word that has the correct accent/breathing marks.

Thsi is the easiest way if you don't know the Greek Keyboard layout. If you know that then you can just type it in. For more information on your Greek Keyboard layout to into user/application/accordance folder/manuals & documents/ and open the grammatical supplement. You should find a keyboard layout in there.

I hope this helps.

You must have "Use exact lemma" checked in the Select Lexical Forms sheet for this to work.

You must have "Use exact lemma" checked in the Select Lexical Forms sheet for this to work.

You only want to use Exact Lemma if you are looking only for eis, if you want all the inflected meanings you will not want to check that option.

Accordance returns inflected forms by default, as running the searches will show, but the search results in this case vary according to the state of Use exact lemma:

If unchecked, the inflected forms of both homographs of eis will be returned (the adjective one as well as the preposition into, to, for). Note that, in this case, whichever form(s) are selected in the Select Lexical Forms sheet will be transferred to the search box without breathing marks and accents.

If checked, you will only get inflected forms of the lemma you choose (and the search box entry will appear with an equals sign and full accents and breathing marks). If, however, you want only the forms of "one" that are inflected as eis, then you will need to add @"eis" to the latter search (with a space after the exact lemma form). [is this what you were talking about, Gregory?]

You might want to check the built-in Help for definitions if you are not certain about "lemma/lexical form," etc.

Archived