• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 thomasjahl

thomasjahl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 06:39 AM

I'm on 9.4.1 now. WhenI have several panes open (e.g. right now, two texts and one tool) and select a section of text in the first pane, then "print selection" I get a page that has only the first pane showing. It is positioned where you would expect it to be in the upper left of a sheet. The name of the column for the other text appears (on the left, though) but no text. A similar pattern emerges when I make a selection in another pane. I get only the selected material.... The output is spaced into columns as you'd expect, but only the first column is used (i.e., if I am making a selection of material in a right side pane, the output still goes into column "1"Attached File  workspace.pdf   265.8KB   7 downloadsAttached File  Preview of “Workspace”.pdf   36.62KB   7 downloads

#2 Levi Durfey

Levi Durfey

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Accordance Version:Non-user

Posted 13 August 2011 - 08:59 AM

You might want to check out David Lang's recent blog, it will give you a few printing tips:
http://www.accordanc...till-Like-Paper
Levi

#3 thomasjahl

thomasjahl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 09:34 PM

No, this is not a problem in following instructions, but a change in the way the printing works from a prior version. During this time we had the OS update that made some printing resources unhappy, and an HP printing update.

#4 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,225 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 15 August 2011 - 11:11 PM

Yes, we did change this for technical reasons. I think you will need to limit the verses shown in the window by adding a range, then you can print the desired verses with the parallel panes.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#5 thomasjahl

thomasjahl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 09:59 AM

Thanks, but I'm not sure how to get this. When I do a verse search on, say Acts 15.1-41, the verses show as marked, but the window will still contains the entire text from Gen-Rev. text. A "verse" search does not allow a search range, but a word search does (but the "Print Selection" option only lights up when a section of text is "highlighted"). Setting the range and doing a word search (on "word" arbitrarily) with the range set to Acts 15, marks the hits but the window still contains all the text.

#6 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,225 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:21 AM

You must have the context set to All, otherwise it wouldn't display like this. If you set it to 0 it would display just the requested verses.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#7 thomasjahl

thomasjahl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:57 AM

OK, it works as expected when you "just" print the displayed panes ... "print selection" only works when text is highlighted, and only prints the highlighted text. Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users