Word Charts

Kathryn

In the Accordance Word Charts, Is there any way to change what information I want to see? For example, in the Hebrew, I would also like to see the Transliteration; In the Greek, I would also like to see Translation.

Edited by Kathryn

I don't believe this is currently possible. You can use the Parsing to get both Transliteration and Translation, and then you could copy these into the Comments field if you wanted to retain them in a Word Chart.

Thanks Joel for your reply. Actually, the HMT-T does not have the Hebrew transliteration in the parsing either.

I don't believe this is currently possible. You can use the Parsing to get both Transliteration and Translation, and then you could copy these into the Comments field if you wanted to retain them in a Word Chart.

Thanks Joel for your reply. Actually, the HMT-T does not have the Hebrew transliteration in the parsing either.

I don't have the HMT-T installed since it is quite old (and as a side note I recommend upgrading to BHS-W4 since it is continually updated and the HMT-T is not), but confirm that you have the Parsing Display options set to show transliteration, by hitting cmd-t. See here:

post-5629-040667500 1315190716_thumb.png

HTH

Rick...Thanks so much for your reply. It helped me considerably. First, I will strongly consider getting the BHS-W4 for the reason you suggested, as well as I would like to use it's Syntax feature. Thank you for the cmd-t tip, I kept going to Accordance Preferences to try to find this and did not know about cmd-t. Is there a list somewhere of the Accordance short-cuts such as cmd-t?

I don't have the HMT-T installed since it is quite old (and as a side note I recommend upgrading to BHS-W4 since it is continually updated and the HMT-T is not), but confirm that you have the Parsing Display options set to show transliteration, by hitting cmd-t. See here:

post-5629-040667500 1315190716_thumb.png

HTH…

Edited by Kathryn

Rick...Thanks so much for your reply. It helped me considerably. First, I will strongly consider getting the BHS-W4 for the reason you suggested, as well as I would like to use it's Syntax feature. Thank you for the cmd-t tip, I kept going to Accordance Preferences to try to find this and did not know about cmd-t. Is there a list somewhere of the Accordance short-cuts such as cmd-t?

Hey Kathryn,

There is a handy reference list in the Accordance Help. You can access your help files via the menu Window>Window Help (or ⌥⌘?). Then, select the search glass and search for Keyboard Shortcuts (or navigate to: Comprehensive Reference > Keyboard Shortcuts > Command Key Shortcuts).

Edited by James Tucker

• 1 year later...

can you add individual words to a word chart one at a time?

Edited by Oheyward

No, you cannot add words, but in theory you can drag part of a chart to another chart to add lines. This seems to be buggy in version 10, and we will look into it.