7 replies to this topic

#1 Kathryn

Kathryn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 04 September 2011 - 03:46 PM

In the Accordance Word Charts, Is there any way to change what information I want to see? For example, in the Hebrew, I would also like to see the Transliteration; In the Greek, I would also like to see Translation.

Edited by Kathryn, 04 September 2011 - 03:51 PM.

#2 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 2,509 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 04 September 2011 - 04:03 PM

I don't believe this is currently possible. You can use the Parsing to get both Transliteration and Translation, and then you could copy these into the Comments field if you wanted to retain them in a Word Chart.
Joel Brown

By day: Consultant for Oaktree
By night: Freelance Trombonist and Private Instructor

#3 Kathryn

Kathryn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:12 PM

Thanks Joel for your reply. Actually, the HMT-T does not have the Hebrew transliteration in the parsing either.

I don't believe this is currently possible. You can use the Parsing to get both Transliteration and Translation, and then you could copy these into the Comments field if you wanted to retain them in a Word Chart.

#4 Rick Bennett

Rick Bennett

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,766 posts
  • Interests: gadgets, coffee, running and cycling, Rays baseball

Posted 04 September 2011 - 09:45 PM

Thanks Joel for your reply. Actually, the HMT-T does not have the Hebrew transliteration in the parsing either.

I don't have the HMT-T installed since it is quite old (and as a side note I recommend upgrading to BHS-W4 since it is continually updated and the HMT-T is not), but confirm that you have the Parsing Display options set to show transliteration, by hitting cmd-t. See here:

Attached File  Screen shot 2011-09-04 at 10.41.07 PM.png   53.06KB   20 downloads

HTH…

Rick Bennett
Director of Content Development
iOS Working Group

#5 Kathryn

Kathryn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 02:03 PM

Rick...Thanks so much for your reply. It helped me considerably. First, I will strongly consider getting the BHS-W4 for the reason you suggested, as well as I would like to use it's Syntax feature. Thank you for the cmd-t tip, I kept going to Accordance Preferences to try to find this and did not know about cmd-t. Is there a list somewhere of the Accordance short-cuts such as cmd-t?

I don't have the HMT-T installed since it is quite old (and as a side note I recommend upgrading to BHS-W4 since it is continually updated and the HMT-T is not), but confirm that you have the Parsing Display options set to show transliteration, by hitting cmd-t. See here:

Attached File  Screen shot 2011-09-04 at 10.41.07 PM.png   53.06KB   20 downloads

HTH…

Edited by Kathryn, 05 September 2011 - 02:04 PM.

#6 James Tucker

James Tucker

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 03:35 PM

Rick...Thanks so much for your reply. It helped me considerably. First, I will strongly consider getting the BHS-W4 for the reason you suggested, as well as I would like to use it's Syntax feature. Thank you for the cmd-t tip, I kept going to Accordance Preferences to try to find this and did not know about cmd-t. Is there a list somewhere of the Accordance short-cuts such as cmd-t?

Hey Kathryn,

There is a handy reference list in the Accordance Help. You can access your help files via the menu Window>Window Help (or ⌥⌘?). Then, select the search glass and search for Keyboard Shortcuts (or navigate to: Comprehensive Reference > Keyboard Shortcuts > Command Key Shortcuts).

Edited by James Tucker, 05 September 2011 - 03:36 PM.

#7 Oheyward

Oheyward

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Ministry and Hermeneutics

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:29 PM

can you add individual words to a word chart one at a time?

Edited by Oheyward, 06 September 2012 - 04:29 PM.

#8 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,021 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:30 AM

No, you cannot add words, but in theory you can drag part of a chart to another chart to add lines. This seems to be buggy in version 10, and we will look into it.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users