• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 corzine

corzine

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 10:27 AM

I just bought the esv translation, and learned at the seminar in naperville how to get rid of those pesky verse references when I copy and paste into a document. Now I'm wondering, can I get rid of the footnotes, or at least superscript them?

Never mind. Almost every time I start grumbling to myself about accordance, it turns out I just don't know what I'm doing.

For anybody who wants to get rid of the footnotes to paste from accordance into Word or anything else, just do command-t and "supress superscripts".

Jacob

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,427 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 29 March 2006 - 11:07 AM

Actually, that is how to suppress them in the text pane. To remove them when copying, do option-copy or choose Copy As>No Superscript in the Edit menu.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#3 Robb Brunansky

Robb Brunansky

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 11:13 AM

Is there a way to get rid of the verse references when copying from the Widget? Just recently I started using the Widget in sermon writing, and it has saved me quite a bit of time and type-os, but I would save even more time if there was an option to disable inserting the verse reference. Thanks!
Soli Deo Gloria,
Robb Brunansky

#4 corzine

corzine

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 11:33 AM

Actually, that is how to suppress them in the text pane. To remove them when copying, do option-copy or choose Copy As>No Superscript in the Edit menu.

Even better!

#5 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 05:39 PM

Is there a way to get rid of the verse references when copying from the Widget? Just recently I started using the Widget in sermon writing, and it has saved me quite a bit of time and type-os, but I would save even more time if there was an option to disable inserting the verse reference. Thanks!

With the Copy as Citation checkbox selected (on the backside), it will be copied ala Accordance's citation mode. Example:

“In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness covered the surface of the watery depths, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters. Then God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. God saw that the light was good, and God separated the light from the darkness. God called the light “day,” and He called the darkness “night.” Evening came, and then morning: the first day.”
(Gen 1:1-5 HCSB)

versus

Gen. 1:1 ¶ In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
Gen. 1:2 ¶ Now the earth wasa formless and empty, darkness covered the surface of the watery depths, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters.
Gen. 1:3 Then God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.
Gen. 1:4 God saw that the light was good, and God separated the light from the darkness.
Gen. 1:5 God called the light “day,” and He called the darkness “night.” Evening came, and then morning: the first day.

Unfortunately, that is the closest you can get. The widget was designed to be clean and simple, without too many confusing options. Though we may add more options in the future, nothing is currently planned.
Joel Brown

By day: Consultant for Oaktree
By night: Freelance Trombonist and Private Instructor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users