Kerry Magruder

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:History of science
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:45 PM

I would love to purchase the Brazos Theological Commentary series in Accordance. It hurts to purchase printed copies when I know that I'd rather have them in Accordance, and will buy them again in Accordance when they're available.

For any who haven't seen it already, there's a very interesting article in this month's Christianity Today about how to read the Bible theologically that mentions this series.

#2 jeremyduncan

jeremyduncan

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:13 PM

I'm interested in these as well. 

#3 Fr. Rich

Fr. Rich

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Interests:My grandchildren
    Being an effective parish priest at Christ the King Episcopal
    Church in Huntington< Indiana
    Fly fishing

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:37 PM

Me too.

Rich Miller
Priest in Charge
Christ the King Episcopal Church
Huntington, Indiana

Labor mediator and arbitrator

#4 Dan Francis

Dan Francis

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:14 PM

Fabulous series….. here is a quip i found in my devotional studies monday.

Surprisingly, God is as active in shutting up the sky as in regularly giving rain and grass. Modern naturalism denies both, while conventional Western supernaturalism reckons one a plausible intervention against the normal operation of the other. Moses does not interpret either the weather or the times through a dichotomy between the physical and the spiritual. For him, both Canaan’s typical seasons and its occasional droughts, as well as wars of human doing and wonders of no natural explanation, serve God’s purposes. To cultures used to reducing analysis to efficient causes, this could seem primitive and unscientific. But that would misunderstand the Mosaic paradigm. Throughout the Pentateuch God has shaped Israel by situating it in a variety of environments. Israel in the land and later in exile will be shaped by further divine warnings and judgments, through natural means as well as supernatural. Moses’s theological meteorology reflects the covenantal quality of Israel’s life, in which both the ordinary and the extraordinary are charged with purpose and accountability. No conditions, fair or foul, relieve God’s people of the responsibility of discerning the times and responding faithfully. Israel and then the church maintain this sensibility across their many cultural shifts through the Old Testament, intertestamental, and New Testament periods. Modernity’s inability to accommodate it is a sign of its own limits, not the limits of Israel’s prescientific mindset. --T. Work, Deuteronomy. Brazos Theological Commentary on the Bible

-Dan

• Julie Falling and Kevin Soars like this

#5 Abram K-J

Abram K-J

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:19 AM

Same here. I've just been recommended the Hauerwas volume on Matthew.

• Dan Francis likes this
Abram K-J
Pastor, Writer, Freelance Editor, Youth Ministry Consultant, Blogger
Web: Words on the Word

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users