#1 Ken Han

Ken Han

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 31 March 2006 - 06:17 PM

I donít know if something like this already exists. But Iíd love to see how Accordance is being used to produce major published works. Who in the academia are using Accordance? How did Accordance help them to do their research, write, and publish? Isnít this the sort of thing that would show new/potential users the usefulness and the power of Accordance? For example, Moises Silva has some nice things to say about Bibleworks on their site. I think Iíve read somewhere Daniel Wallace used Accordance to prepare his grammar. Who else? And what else?

Ken

#2 jpkang

jpkang

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • Interests:Comparative Semitics; ancient Hebrew semantics; Hebrew syntax; history and religion of ancient Israel; history of interpretation.

Posted 31 March 2006 - 08:06 PM

I can think of at least three volumes off the top of my head:

The Vocabulary Guide to Biblical Hebrew, by Miles V. Van Pelt and Gary D. Pratico, who mention using Accordance to compile statistics.

The Dead Sea Scrolls Concordance, by Martin G. Abegg et al. [Brill]

Hebrew Inscriptions: Texts from the Biblical Period of the Monarchy with Concordance , by F. W. Dobbs-Allsopp et al.

I'm also compiling a dictionary of inscriptional Hebrew that I can't imagine tackling without Accordance's search capabilities and research-grade texts.
J. P. Kang, Ph.D. (Bible)

#3 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 08:07 PM

From the introduction to the Holman Christian Standard Bible:

"The Holman CSB has used computer technology and telecommunications in its creation perhaps more than any Bible translation in history. Electronic mail was used daily and sometimes hourly for communication and transmission of manuscripts. An advanced Bible software program, Accordanceģ, was used to create and revise the translation at each step in its production. A developmental copy of the Holman CSB itself was used within Accordance to facilitate cross-checking during the translation processósomething never done before with a Bible translation." (emphasis added)

That alone should make you want to use the HCSB, right?
___
Rick Mansfield

RMansfield@mac.com
http://thislamp.com
twitter.com/thislamp
facebook.com/rmansfield

#4 Tom

Tom

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 01 April 2006 - 12:27 AM

Several references are made to Accordance in Dr. Harold W. Hoehner's massive work: Ephesians: An Exegetical Commentary. First mention can be found in his Preface (p. xi). Word statistics and linguistic usages were gained, in part, with Accordance help.

Tom
B.S. (Education, Bryan College)
Th.M. (Systematic Theology, Dallas Seminary)
M.A., Ph.D. (Classical Philosophy, University of Dallas)
Pastor/Teacher

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users