#1 danzac

danzac

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Interests:NT, historical Jesus, DSS, NT Backgrounds

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:43 AM

I know developers don't always like to talk about what is up and coming in an app, but as I work more and more on my mobile devices, I find it increasingly limiting to only have one module (with parallel) open at one time. I fully understand the limitation of only one parallel window (its not like we have much more screen space anyway!) but some tabs across the top of the window (like iOS Safari) would be awesome.

btw, forgive me if this is discussed elsewhere. I did a search for "tabs iOS" in the forums and got nothing.

#2 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:a good cup of coffee, sci-fi, playing bass, listing to jazz and the blues, camping, fishing and the great outdoors
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 27 October 2011 - 01:59 PM

I know developers don't always like to talk about what is up and coming in an app, but as I work more and more on my mobile devices, I find it increasingly limiting to only have one module (with parallel) open at one time. I fully understand the limitation of only one parallel window (its not like we have much more screen space anyway!) but some tabs across the top of the window (like iOS Safari) would be awesome.

btw, forgive me if this is discussed elsewhere. I did a search for "tabs iOS" in the forums and got nothing.

I know I'd sure like them. The fact that the modules open to the previous place and configuration makes switching easier, but tabs would be much faster. Oh, for the day when a full version of Accordance exists for the iPad. [No promises here, BTW, just my personal dream...]

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer

Mac: Early 2011 17" MBP (8,3), 2.3 GHz Quad core, 16 GB RAM, Mercury 6G 480 SSD + 1.5 TB HD, OSX 10.10, Yosemite

iPhone 6 plus 64 GB iOS 8.1

#3 RobM

RobM

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • Interests:Hebrew, ANE languages and literature, Literary Theory
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:54 AM

... but some tabs across the top of the window (like iOS Safari) would be awesome.

I second this.

#4 Michael J. Bolesta

Michael J. Bolesta

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • Interests:scripture study, preaching, teaching

Posted 28 October 2011 - 06:40 AM

Amen! Please add this feature

:rolleyes:
Michael
Accordance on Macintosh, iPhone, and iPad

#5 Nathan Jewett

Nathan Jewett

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:03 PM

This would be a fantastic addition.

#6 Ron Priest

Ron Priest

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Interests:Video Production, Bible Study, iDevices, Mac
  • Accordance Version:8.x

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:21 PM

I agree! Please add the capability to open more than one text at the same time using tabs. PocketBible for the iPad by Laridian just added Tabs with the capability of having up to 5 texts open and synced to the same location at one time and it's wonderful!

Edited by Ron Priest, 28 November 2011 - 08:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users