HCSB Study Bible

rcdeacon

I was wondering if anything was in the works for the Holman Christian Standard Study Bible (The HCSB Apologetics Study Bible is already available) as well as an update to the 2009 edition of the HCSB?

• Like 1

Hmm. I looked at the "about the text" window in my Accordance HCSB. and this is what was in the window:

Holman Christian Standard Bible

Hmm. I looked at the "about the text" window in my Accordance HCSB. and this is what was in the window:

Holman Christian Standard Bible

Hey Bob,

I did a little digging and I found this website comparing the 2003 and 2009 versions.

He had a .pdf showing some of the differences side by side between the 2003 and 2009 versions. In every example the accordance words were the same as the 2009 version.

I think that even though it only has a copyright for 2003 in the "about the text" window, it nevertheless has the words from the 2009 version.

But, please let me know if I'm in error.

Hey Bob,

I did a little digging and I found this website comparing the 2003 and 2009 versions.

He had a .pdf showing some of the differences side by side between the 2003 and 2009 versions. In every example the accordance words were the same as the 2009 version.

I think that even though it only has a copyright for 2003 in the "about the text" window, it nevertheless has the words from the 2009 version.

But, please let me know if I'm in error.

That is great news! I did not do anything serious research, I merely looked at the "about the text" and went with that. I have paper editions of both 2003 and 2009 and there are differences there! Thanks for doing the "grunt work". I will check out the site as well but thanks for the info.

We didn't update the copyright info because we didn't receive an updated notice from Holman, althougfh we did indeed update the text. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks Helen, that is good to know and of course that confirms what Outis already knows. How about the HCSB Study Bible though? is that in the works (almost hate to ask that since you have many other worthy things in the works).

Edited by Bob Deacon

Thanks Helen, that is good to know and of course that confirms what Outis already knows. How about the HCSB Study Bible though? is that in the works (almost hate to ask that since you have many other worthy things in the works).

It's not in the works (as in under current development), but likely will be in the future.

Rick,

Thanks for the clarification. Put my name on the list to purchase it when it does become available!

I too would be interested in the HCSB Study Bible. http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

• 7 months later...

Count me as interested in the HCSB SB as soon as it is available.

• 8 months later...

Any updates on HCSB Study Bible module?

Possibly a projected time frame ... this year perhaps?

While on the subject of Study Bibles, are there any plans for developing The New Interpreter's Study Bible?

This is how late beloved Professor Bruce M. Metzger described it:

"Of the current editions of Study Bibles, in my opinion the most helpful for pastors, teachers, and all students of the Scriptures has now been issued by Abingdon Press under the dedicated guidance of Dr. Walter Harrelson."

post-30502-0-82317300-1363029719_thumb.png

No updates on HCSB as of now, but we are actively working on titles with a number of publishers of which I'm pretty sure this is one.

Thank you Rick ... keep up the good work, raise the standard of excellence - in Accordance!

One more question. In all politeness and with great respect for your hard work, allow me to ask yet another possibly "itching" question for many Accordance fans out there: are you planning any special sale or even some new gem-module(s) from Accordance, this Easter?

Thanks.