#21 jeremyduncan

jeremyduncan

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:17 AM

Pagination would be a significant feature for me and it's the main reason I use the iPad version only when necessary. I use my Mac for research but I'd love to use my iPad for more extending reading. A simple tap on the side of the screen when I finish a page would be so much easier (and common with how I read on my Kindle). Personally as little animation as possible would be preferable. Just a simple easy way to move to the next chunk (page) of text without having to track how much I've moved it.

#22 Alvin

Alvin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Solidworks, Graphics Design (Adobe, Autodesk), Film (Final Cut X and Motion 5),
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:56 AM

What about combining page turning and scrolling? Instead of the animation of turning a page from right to left, we have one that flips a "leaf" up from the bottom? Or perhaps "scrolls" a whole screen at a time? Or is that just me wanting to be more "authentically first-century"?

PLEEEEASE on this feature!!! Accordance must see how to incorporate Tecarta's ZONDERVAN NIV STUDY BIBLE's page turning in study mode and reading mode. Exactly what Tim here is saying! I use the app when I read on the fly. But for serious Bible study, I use Accordance.

"If you want to build so high, gotta build so deep!

#23 JeffCheadle

JeffCheadle

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:46 PM

I love Accordance, but will you please implement page turning as an optional feature in your next iOS release of Accordance?

"It's on the future features list and (slowly) moving up in priority with every request." That was a year and a half ago.

I refer you again to this article on Scrolling versus Pagination

Thank you.

#24 Rick Bennett

Rick Bennett

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,836 posts
  • Interests: gadgets, coffee, running and cycling, Rays baseball

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:52 PM

I love Accordance, but will you please implement page turning as an optional feature in your next iOS release of Accordance?

"It's on the future features list and (slowly) moving up in priority with every request." That was a year and a half ago.

I refer you again to this article on Scrolling versus Pagination

Thank you.

Hi Jeff, thanks for the request (again). As I mentioned in this post, we've had a couple setbacks this year, but are firmly committed to moving forward with an aggressive development plan for adding new features. We're meeting tomorrow to discuss this. 

For what it's worth I'd love this feature, too, and use it regularly in reading Kindle books on my iPhone (where it is more important in my opinion because of the small screen size). I can't promise when it will come (definitely not the next update which is in beta), but we'll definitely discuss it.

Thanks for your patience and support.

• David Voth and Abram K-J like this

Rick Bennett
Director of Content Development
iOS Working Group

#25 Eutychus

Eutychus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 09:57 AM

I'd like to enter my vote for page turning. Thanks.

#26 Stuart Robertson

Stuart Robertson

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:41 PM

I, too, would dearly love to see page-based turning (whether horizontally or vertically) as an option in the next release.

#27 JeffCheadle

JeffCheadle

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:26 PM

I noticed that when the latest iOS update came out that the screen that came up introducing new features was not a long scroll down but was paginated, as requested here many times. Please implement this feature as an option. Here is the rationale in the event it is necessary: http://ignorethecode.../01/pagination/ #loveaccordancebutgettingimpatient

#28 Rick Bennett

Rick Bennett

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:31 PM

I noticed that when the latest iOS update came out that the screen that came up introducing new features was not a long scroll down but was paginated, as requested here many times. Please implement this feature as an option. Here is the rationale in the event it is necessary: http://ignorethecode.../01/pagination/ #loveaccordancebutgettingimpatient

The rationale is not necessary, and thanks for your continued patience. :)

Even though the new tutorial screens are navigated by swipe, they are not at all similar to the work required to implement 'pagination' in text views. My understanding is that this will not be difficult to implement; I'm just pointing out that there is no corollary to the tutorial screens and pagination.

That said, keep in mind this was a 'dot' release; intended only to fix bugs and ensure compatibility with the upcoming release of iOS 7.1. We did not introduce any new features. Pagination is still on the list, but right now arbitrary text selection is our top priority, which is in active development.

Thanks for the feedback.

• JeffCheadle likes this

Rick Bennett
iOS Working Group

#29 JeffCheadle

JeffCheadle

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 11:56 AM

Still patiently waiting, but losing hope.

#30 Rick Bennett

Rick Bennett

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,836 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 01:50 PM

Hope is not lost. If anyone wants this more than you, it's me. We just have other items higher in priority. As I've said before, the next major release will focus on arbitrary text selection which is absolutely key, and opens up the ability to address other heavily requested enhancements or features. Page turning will likely come after that.

Thanks again for your patience and support.

• Serpentium likes this

Rick Bennett
iOS Working Group

#31 Serpentium

Serpentium

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 01:55 PM

I agree that on ARBITRARY SELECTION vs PAGE TURNING the more important one is selection.
Can you tell us some near-future revelation...pls? Just to dream...
  • Rick Bennett likes this

#32 Steve King

Steve King

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 02:23 PM

Yes arbitrary selection will be an eagerly anticipated enhancement. 

#33 ukfraser

ukfraser

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:44 PM

If you do include page turning, are you considering making it compatible with an air turn so we can use our hands to be expressive and turn the pages with our feet? ;o) http://airturn.com
Fraser Sims

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users