2 replies to this topic

#1 tbakerhill

tbakerhill

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:44 AM

Forgive me if this has already been discussed somewhere, but I am wondering if there is a way to search within a list of scriptures that I have on my workspace. I have uploaded the screen shot of my workspace. As you can tell, I am comparing the renderings of a list of verses in different texts. I have the Greek preposition "pro" highlighted in the LXX1 column. My question is this: is there a way to search for that preposition only within the list of verses I have pulled up in the Septuagint? I know this may seem a bit lazy, but having listed numerous verses concerning a certain subject, I'd like to be able to search within those listed verses for specific grammatical elements. There may be a way to do this and I am just ignorant of it. I have only had the software for about a month now. I have watched none of the tutorial videos, so if this is mentioned in those or elsewhere, someone could kindly direct me there instead of having to write out a response here.

Thanks a bunch,

T.

#2 Rick Bennett

Rick Bennett

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,836 posts
  • Interests: gadgets, coffee, running and cycling, Rays baseball
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:59 PM

Don't see the screen shot, can you try adding it to the post?

Rick Bennett
Director of Content Development
iOS Working Group

#3 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 2,808 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 07 December 2011 - 01:57 PM

I, too, don't see a screenshot. However, I think I understand what you want. You can use the CONTENTS command to limit any search to the verses contained in any other window. I don't see where your verses are being saved, but if they are a search result or reference list just link your search via that command. Example:Attached File  Screen shot 2011-12-07 at 12.56.24 PM.png   177.65KB   24 downloads
Joel Brown

By day: Consultant for Oaktree
By night: Freelance Trombonist and Private Instructor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users