8 replies to this topic

#1 dedge85

dedge85

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:40 AM

At times, the grid does not allow me to switch verses and chapters in the Bible. Instead, after switching to another verse, it simply brings me back to the first verse in the selection that I already have opened. Just letting you know about this bug

#2 amy@partnerwerks.com

amy@partnerwerks.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:28 PM

I have experienced this rather annoying glitch. <_< Try this. Go to your search (click the magnifying glass) and enter an asterisk <*> in the verse search. I've found this fixes all the GO TO tools.

#3 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,029 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:59 PM

The GoTo only goes to a verse that is already displaying. If you have used the Search view to limit the display to a small part of the text, the GoTo can only take you to the same verses. Press the Search button to get the menu and choose Read to display the entire text. Then the GoTo works well.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#4 circuitrider

circuitrider

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • Accordance Version:8.x

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:46 PM

I have experienced this rather annoying glitch. <_< Try this. Go to your search (click the magnifying glass) and enter an asterisk <*> in the verse search. I've found this fixes all the GO TO tools.

This really isn't a glitch. I believe that this function was meant to work like the Go To box in the Mac Version.

If you do a word search and want to jump to specific book to check for results, you can use the GoTo (grid, wheel, or list) to take you to results within the book you choose.

It would be nice to have a "clear all" button or something similar to reset the text, it would save a tap or two.

#5 Rick Bennett

Rick Bennett

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,770 posts
  • Interests: gadgets, coffee, running and cycling, Rays baseball

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:04 PM

This really isn't a glitch. I believe that this function was meant to work like the Go To box in the Mac Version.

If you do a word search and want to jump to specific book to check for results, you can use the GoTo (grid, wheel, or list) to take you to results within the book you choose.

It would be nice to have a "clear all" button or something similar to reset the text, it would save a tap or two.

Have you tried this: Press the Search button to get the menu and choose Read to display the entire text. Then the GoTo works well. (copied from Helen's reply)

Rick Bennett
Director of Content Development
iOS Working Group

#6 circuitrider

circuitrider

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:10 PM

Have you tried this: Press the Search button to get the menu and choose Read to display the entire text. Then the GoTo works well. (copied from Helen's reply)

RIck,

That works well. It's just that extra tap is killing me, I could get so much more done in the day if there was a "clear all" or "all context" button always visible. :D (we are spoiled aren't we?)

Would it be possible to have a context slider in iOS like in the mac version?

#7 Rick Bennett

Rick Bennett

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,770 posts
  • Interests: gadgets, coffee, running and cycling, Rays baseball

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:18 PM

RIck,

That works well. It's just that extra tap is killing me, I could get so much more done in the day if there was a "clear all" or "all context" button always visible. :D (we are spoiled aren't we?)

Would it be possible to have a context slider in iOS like in the mac version?

Did you know you can set context to all by default? My preference…

Rick Bennett
Director of Content Development
iOS Working Group

#8 circuitrider

circuitrider

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:28 PM

Did you know you can set context to all by default? My preference…

Yes sir, I did try that preference. I didn't really like it but I may try and get used to it for the benefit it offers.

Thanks for the quick responses and tips!

#9 Scott Knapp

Scott Knapp

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:52 PM

We definitely see the need to allow users to change the context in a manner easier than what is currently implemented.

Scott.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users