#1 WGTShedd

WGTShedd

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, Theology, Walking, Rowing (indoor) and Scotch
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 03 January 2012 - 02:57 PM

Is there going to be a New Year's Sale? Many of us who are pastors have an account from which we purchase books and software and the account is replenished Jan. 1. Am anxious to see if there is going to any special deals for this month. I thought it would be worth asking. I am very interested in commentaries. Thanks in advance.
Pastor (PCA); B.A., M.A.R., Ph.D.
Adjunct Seminary Professor
Visiting Lecturer in Theology and NT in S. Africa

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,506 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:15 PM

We just ended a huge sale from Black Friday Nov 25 to New Year's Eve. We will be having some specials in the coming weeks, but nothing like that, sorry! However, we did put long-term sale prices on many items on Jan 1, so check those out, and they can be combined with your ministry or faculty discount, unlike the short-term sales.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#3 Darin Allen

Darin Allen

Gold

• Accordance
  • 215 posts
  • Interests:Guitars, Technology, Coffee, Gaming
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:21 PM

As Helen mentions, we just finished a major End of Year sale, so probably nothing to that scope in the immediate future. However, if you are interested in commentaries, we still have some of the best prices available on commentary sets, especially if you factor in a 10% full-time ministry discount.

For example, our 20-volume set of the New International Commentary on the New Testament (NICNT) with a 10% discount is $539.10, which is 47% off the list price. That's considerably lower than the sale price at Amazon, and ours includes additional development work to optimize searching and integration with the Accordance interface.

Here is a page that shows some of the current deals that we have on commentaries, and remember that these figures are before taking into consideration any 10% discounts for full-time pastors and students. I think you'll find we price things very competitively.

Why Buy Commentaries in Accordance?

Edited by Darin Allen, 03 January 2012 - 04:22 PM.

Darin Allen
Director of Marketing

#4 WGTShedd

WGTShedd

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, Theology, Walking, Rowing (indoor) and Scotch
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:49 PM

Thanks for your responses. I knew about the pastoral discount but didn't know if another sale was going to happen - so, I ended up purchasing NICOT last night. I love Accordance and it is the one I use first and most often. Thanks and keep up the good work.
  • Serpentium likes this
Pastor (PCA); B.A., M.A.R., Ph.D.
Adjunct Seminary Professor
Visiting Lecturer in Theology and NT in S. Africa

#5 Serpentium

Serpentium

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:02 AM

Thanks for your responses. I knew about the pastoral discount but didn't know if another sale was going to happen - so, I ended up purchasing NICOT last night. I love Accordance and it is the one I use first and most often. Thanks and keep up the good work.

So, after 2 years and half of ownership...can you give us a review on NICOT?

It is on sale again  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users