New IOS version 1.4.1

marti

The loss of content when you upgrade the iOS is a known issue, but you should be able to download all your books. Please check that you are correctly logging in to your account. You can do this on the website and see your purchase history. If you have the same username and password in the app, it will download everything in the account.

When is it anticipated to fix this problem? While I can redownload my library, it is very inconvenient and annoying. I know this is a first world gripe, but this would seem to be an easy fix. If iTunes and other apps can be patched without loosing content why not accordance?

You should not lose any content when you update the app, I believe it's the major update of the iOS itself that caused the problem.

I will go ahead and try this patch, but all previous patches have deleted my entire library causing me to have to redownload every module again.

How are you attempting the upgrade? Please wait and see if Scott has any ideas to prevent a problem.

Installed update to both my iPhone and iPad. All modules that were on each device were accessible after the update. No loss of any kind noticed

Helen, I went ahead with the upgrade content to have to redownload if my modules were dropped. Thankfully it didn't happen this time.

I know it happened with the last and previous patches though. Perhaps you can analyze how many people perform massive downloads from the easy intall server logs after a patch is released to see if this is a widespread problem or just intermittent.

I too have past experience with the need to re-install content on my iPhone 4, most recently in going from 1.3.x to 1.4. With the upgrade of from 1.4 to 1.4.1 I did not. It was seamless. :rolleyes:

I updated as well this morning without any problems.

Just finished the upgrade with no problems.

Just upgraded my iOS version and I lost all my purchased books. They are not available on easy download anymore. Has something changed?

marti,

Are you talking about upgrading the iOS operating system or updating Accordance for iOS or both?

Scott.

Helen, I went ahead with the upgrade content to have to redownload if my modules were dropped. Thankfully it didn't happen this time.

I know it happened with the last and previous patches though. Perhaps you can analyze how many people perform massive downloads from the easy intall server logs after a patch is released to see if this is a widespread problem or just intermittent.

John,

The removing of downloaded non-user content should only happen when you do a backup, wipe, and restore or your iOS device. This is done manually by a user or sometimes during an iOS operating system update. App updates should not remove downloaded content at all.

Scott.

Hi. Only updating the app through the app store. Tried again this morning and still only have the first three chapters of the bhs in my library. I checked my username/password and that was unchanged. When I go to easy install, it only lists titles from the iOS starter pack. I should have the full bhs, nrsv, church fathers etc. they were all purchased some time ago (v6.9), but I have them on my iPad as long as there has been an iOS version with no probs.

I have often had to redownload my library after updating the app through the app store though.

Is it any different using the service from outside us? I am in Australia.

Not sure what was going on. I sync'd up with my computer....and now all my texts are there again...odd but am happy now. Thanks for everyone's assistance.

No problems at all updating here.

John,

The removing of downloaded non-user content should only happen when you do a backup, wipe, and restore or your iOS device. This is done manually by a user or sometimes during an iOS operating system update. App updates should not remove downloaded content at all.

Scott.

Scott, I understand, but nonetheless, I did lose my entire library during previous patches of just the accordance app without doing anything iOS-wise. I remember being so frustrated about it last time that I penned a lengthy email to ya'll. In the end I didn't send the email because the Holy Spirit convicted me of 'hasty-correspondence-written-in-anger/frustration syndrome' :) . I was gun shy this time because of my past experiences but everything was fine this time around. So I am going to be happy in the 'joy-of-success-even-though-I-don't-know-which-scenario-is-the-anomaly euphoria', and I will let you know if it happens again and under what conditions.

Thanks for your commitment to iOS. I use it every day, and it's a major selling point to have all my modules with a great interface on my iPhone. Amazing!

Archived