Lexicon Secondary Fields typing in Hebrew

Jonathan Kiel

Hey everyone,

I wasn't sure where to post this, but my Accordance has been acting up on me. I recently created a new "workspace" where I have my BHS-GBS, Apparatus, and 2 Lexicons in 3 separate panes. However, when I try to search for a word in the lexicons (BDB complete and HALOT), I can't use the secondary field. (The field where you can choose Scripture, Hebrew Content, etc). When I select "AND -> Scripture" it only wants text in Hebrew. When I restart (sometimes) or rebuild the workspace, sometimes it will accept English text, but it won't let me use the space bar, so I can only search for entries w/n an entire book.

Overall, it's been very quirky ever since I set up the workspace. For example, sometimes the Apparatus won't tie to the BHS window. Oh, and I set up a Greek equivalent, and I'm having the same problems with it.

I've tried creating new workspaces, but it doesn't seem to help. Any suggestions/help? (I hope so. I bought the apparatus for this very purpose. It'd be a shame for it not to work...)

Thanks!

Jonathan

PS - I'm running Acc 9.5.3, on a MacBook Pro w/ OSX 10.6.8.

post-31297-0-10889700-1329357131_thumb.jpg

And just to cover my bases, I've already restarted both Accordance and my computer, and it didn't fix the issue.

Jonathan, I've sent you a message with my e-mail address. Can you send me the workspace, so I can take a look at it?

There is a bug in 9.5.3 that causes some funny issues when typing space in the Scripture fields, but 9.5.4 is in beta right now and fixes the bug. If you want to limit your search to just portions of the tool, you can also do it with the browser. Just Option-click on a browser article and it will mark the name in red, limiting the search to all marked articles or sections. The font being different and the inability to tie may be other issues, though.

Joel,

I sent you my Hebrew and Greek workspaces. Let me know if you find anything.

Thanks!

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan and Joel,

I tried to duplicate the problem and I'm getting a different issue: in HALOT it is accepting English input, but when I try to type a space in the Scripture box I get a page down in HALOT instead. This seems to be the case even if I have only HALOT open. BDAG does the same thing. Hopefully that will help narrow down the issue.

Thanks,

Tony

We have fixed this for the next release.

In the meantime you could copy the reference there.

There is a shortcut in the Preferences:General which adds the reference to More Options whenever you amplify from a word in the text. You override it either way by pressing shift.

Thanks all. Upgrading to the newest version fixed the spacebar issue. Combined with creating a new workspace with the apparatus as a pane (instead of a new window), seems to have it all working without a hitch.

Hopefully, that's the end of it.

-Jonathan

ps - Tony, hope you guys are doing well in Hamilton!

Archived