Issue with Accordance Updating

Adam Lowe

For many versions, and across several iterations of OS reinstalls, I keep getting the same issue: whenever there is an update available for Accordance, it downloads but never does anything. For every single update I end up having to download the installer from the website. All other module updates work fine, not not the actual Accordance update.

The Check for Updates just downloads the Accordance installer and places it on the desktop. Can you not find and run it?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Helen - it runs through the entire download process but installs nothing (and the Accordance installer is not available on the desktop). If I just update modules, everything works beautifully. If I update everything, it downloads everything, installs nothing (that is, it won't install the modules either). To make it worse, when I go back, I have to redownload everything again. This has happened on all my machines, with several reformats etc. I always install by downloading the latest distribution of Accordance and then running the easy install process from there.

Process wise, it downloads the update (or at least it says it has). I then click install and it says "All module upgrades have been installed", but of course, it hasn't.

I would like to screenshare with you and see whether we can see something unusual in your setup that causes the update to fail when it includes Accordance. Please send me your contact information privately. iChat or Skype are best.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having the same issue. The module updates work well. The installer shows up on my desktop, I put in my password, it authenticates, and nothing happens. The message closes and nothing else goes on.

I hope you were able to discover the problem and how to fix it. Please let me know how I can update.

Thank you.

Sue E