• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 fmcfee

fmcfee

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Bible Study...I am an active member of KI (Chuck Missler ) and seek to understand and apply the Bible to my life...I bought Accordance to help with my original language studies..I would like to be able to understand what the writers meant to say (I realize there are multiple meanings in the same verses)..not just depend on a translation...
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:57 PM

I really like how the "Word Pictures" commentary explains the Greek word meanings including verb tenses, etc for the NT.....does anyone know if a similar commentary exists for the OT?....I am conservative...

Also what is the best resource to explain Hebrew idioms from a Hebrew point of view? I have several resources IVP, etc but am interested if there is something more...not the Talmud..but Jewish authors..Messianic believer would be a plus

Thanks for your help!
Frank

#2 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,199 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:19 PM

Frank, in regard to your first question, while there is not an exact OT equivalent to Robertson's Word Pictures (to my knowledge), check out Keil & Delitzsch's commentary on the OT. This is one of the few older commentaries I have the patience to consult and still find insights in it that I find nowhere else.

I'll let someone else take a stab at your second question.

Rick Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

Accordance Bible Software

Gear for running Accordance:

OS X

2012 15" MacBook Pro (retina) - 2.7 Ghz Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 750 GB SSD, Yosemite

Windows

2014 15.6" Acer R7-572 - 1.6 Ghz Core i5, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB mSATA, 1 TB HDD, Windows 8.1

2013 8" Dell Venue 8 Pro - 1.33 Ghz Atom, 2 GB RAM, 64 GB eMMC, Windows 8.1

iOS

2014 iPhone 6 Plus, 128 GB, Verizon

2013 iPad Air, 128 GB, Verizon

#3 fmcfee

fmcfee

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Bible Study...I am an active member of KI (Chuck Missler ) and seek to understand and apply the Bible to my life...I bought Accordance to help with my original language studies..I would like to be able to understand what the writers meant to say (I realize there are multiple meanings in the same verses)..not just depend on a translation...
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:54 PM

Frank, in regard to your first question, while there is not an exact OT equivalent to Robertson's Word Pictures (to my knowledge), check out Keil & Delitzsch's commentary on the OT. This is one of the few older commentaries I have the patience to consult and still find insights in it that I find nowhere else.

I'll let someone else take a stab at your second question.

Rick,

I appreciate your reply.......I do have K&D on another program (not Accordance) and have used it....K&D can be a little "wordy" IMO...it does have some good information...thanks for your help!!

Frank

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users