Photo

Using BDAG/HALOT as Default Tools in Search?

BDAG HALOT

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 parker234

parker234

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:21 AM

I am very new to using Accordance. I only purchased it a week or so ago. I have BDAG and HALOT and can see that they are indeed correctly installed on my Accordance IOS. However, whenever I select a word and amplify it, it automatically takes me to "Greek Keys," and "Hebrew Keys" and frankly I would prefer it take me to BDAG respectively automatically. Is there a way to change your default search tool?

Another aspect to this... I would like to be able to have HALOT and BDAG as tools that I can have opened in the second window, but at present it is not available in the list of available Greek and Hebrew tools in the drop-down menu. When I consult both resources I have to leave the text I'm in and interrupt my current session. Is this just something that still needs integrated, or is it a matter that I just haven't learned to use yet?

Edited by parker234, 22 February 2012 - 10:23 AM.

#2 Rick Bennett

Rick Bennett

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,740 posts
  • Interests: gadgets, coffee, running and cycling, Rays baseball
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:51 PM

Welcome to Accordance! :)

To change the 'priority' of the tool used when amplifying, drag it to the top of the list in the Library (note this doesn't work in the 'recent modules' view). However, if you're starting from an English tagged text (ESVi) you cannot currently go directly to another lexicon - but after amplifying to one of the key dictionaries you can amplify from the original language lemma to your top-level lexicon.

Attached File  Screen Shot 2012-02-22 at 1.43.46 PM-1.jpg   50.23KB   25 downloads

By 'second view' do you mean open in parallel? This isn't possible as parallel resources are only possible for those that follow the same reference order (i.e. bible text + commentary). So, to access a lexicon you do need to 'interrupt' the current text view and then return back to it from the recent modules section in library (your existing place will be remembered). Also, note that you can amplify to a lexicon then return back to the text by two-finger swipe (right).

HTH…

Rick Bennett
Director of Content Development
iOS Working Group

#3 parker234

parker234

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:54 PM

Thanks. The two-finger swipe is a move I hadn't done yet. All of this is very helpful. Thank you!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BDAG, HALOT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users