4 replies to this topic

#1 JayT

JayT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Accordance Version:8.x

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:46 AM

Hello. I have to say thank you! I am so grateful for accordance and especially Accordance for iOS. What a blessing! Recently you implemented a feature which allows the user to see the Greek/Hebrew parsing information of applicable words in the instant details of a Tagged English text provided that there is a tagged Greek/Hebrew Text installed. Am I right?

When the change first took place in the desktop version of Accordance it took a while for the change to take effect on my machine with regard to Greek but not Hebrew. I have BHS-W4 and GNT-TR. As soon as the change was advertised I could see Hebrew parsing in my tagged English texts, but it took a few updates for the change to take effect in the New Testament. I have found the same to be the case with iOS but I haven't yet gotten the NT to display parsing.

Is this because GNT-TR is not sufficient? Or do i need to reorder something or reinstall something? I would greatly appreciate any help! Thank you!

-Jason

Edited by JayT, 03 March 2012 - 12:47 AM.

#2 Rick Bennett

Rick Bennett

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,741 posts
  • Interests: gadgets, coffee, running and cycling, Rays baseball
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:48 PM

It currently only works with the GNT-T, but I believe we're discussing expanding this to other texts.

Rick Bennett
Director of Content Development
iOS Working Group

#3 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 2,493 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:10 PM

Actually, on the desktop this will work with whatever NT Source Text is chosen in your Preferences -> Compare Texts. I'm not sure, however, how this has been implemented in the iOS platform.
Joel Brown

By day: Consultant for Oaktree
By night: Freelance Trombonist and Private Instructor

#4 Scott Knapp

Scott Knapp

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:10 PM

As Rick mentioned, this currently only works for NT words if the GNT-T is installed. This will definitely be fixed in an upcoming release (v1.5) but I'm not sure if it will make the next bug fix release (v1.4.2).

Scott

#5 JayT

JayT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Accordance Version:8.x

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:27 PM

Thank you all! You have thoroughly explained to me what I had assumed. I think I'll take this opportunity to upgrade to GNT-T. :)

Edited by JayT, 03 March 2012 - 08:28 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tagged, parsing, GNT-TR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users