I ran into the same verse numbering problem when I imported the Neues Leben Bibel. With each error message, I went to http://www.biblegateway.com/
, which showed in the verse notes the difference between the "numbering in Hebrew" versus the numbering in English.
Here was the tedious and time-consuming method that I used:
1) attempt to import text,
2) note error message,
3) go to www.biblegateway.com for verse notes,
4) adjust verse numbering for the two impacted chapters,
5) repeat 1 through 4 numerous times.
It was seriously tedious, but I finally completed the task.
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014)
4 GHz Intel Core i7
32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB
iPad Air 2 iOS 8.1