7 replies to this topic

#1 revjed

revjed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:30 PM

I am new to Accordance on my mac an ipad. I have searched for the answer to the following question, but haven't been able to find an answer.

Let's say I am reading from John 3. I find a word in John 3 I want to search for like 'perish.' I do a word search for perish and the verses are displayed with the references. Now, after I have finished reading through the references, how do I return to reading John 3? Is there a back button of some sort or a hand gesture that will take me back to my reading?

Eric

Edited by revjed, 28 March 2012 - 01:32 PM.

#2 David Lang

David Lang

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 764 posts
  • Interests:Accordance development, writing, spending time with my wife and five kids

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:01 PM

Eric,

On the Mac, rather than doing your search for "perish" in the same tab you're reading from, simply right-click the word and choose Word from the Search for submenu of the contextual menu. A new tab will open showing the search result and you merely need to go back to the tab containing John 3.

On the iPad, do a long tap on the word, then click Search and Word. Unfortunately, the search seems to use the current search view rather than opening a new one. In that case, you would navigate to John 3 in your search result, then long tap on the Search icon and choose the Read option.

Hope this helps.
Sincerely,
David Lang
Accordance Developer
http://www.accordancebible.com

Author:
Feet to Follow, Eyes to See
http://feettofollow.wordpress.com

Macs in the Ministry
http://www.macsinministrybook.com

Leader of the "Lang Gang"
http://www.langgangland.com
http://twitter.com/DavidAllenLang

#3 Rick Bennett

Rick Bennett

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,879 posts
  • Interests: gadgets, coffee, running and cycling, Rays baseball
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:42 PM

I am new to Accordance on my mac an ipad. I have searched for the answer to the following question, but haven't been able to find an answer.

Let's say I am reading from John 3. I find a word in John 3 I want to search for like 'perish.' I do a word search for perish and the verses are displayed with the references. Now, after I have finished reading through the references, how do I return to reading John 3? Is there a back button of some sort or a hand gesture that will take me back to my reading?

Eric

If you had used the search entry box to navigate to John 3 it would be saved in your search history so that after doing a word search you could tap on the history icon and return to that point. If you use the GoTo wheel/list/grid it is not saved in the search history and you would need to manually navigate back to it after a search.

Rick Bennett
Director of Content Development
iOS Working Group

#4 revjed

revjed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:31 PM

Thank you very much. You both have been a big help. One other question. Let's same I a reading in John 3 and I want to do a word search for a word not found in John 3 like hate. After I read the list of verses, is there a different (simpler) way to return to John 3 than going to the list of Bible books and selecting John 3?

#5 Rick Bennett

Rick Bennett

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,879 posts
  • Interests: gadgets, coffee, running and cycling, Rays baseball

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:52 AM

Thank you very much. You both have been a big help. One other question. Let's same I a reading in John 3 and I want to do a word search for a word not found in John 3 like hate. After I read the list of verses, is there a different (simpler) way to return to John 3 than going to the list of Bible books and selecting John 3?

The same scenario would apply. If you used the search entry to nav to John 3 you can return to it from the history; otherwise you wiill have to go there manually.

Rick Bennett
Director of Content Development
iOS Working Group

#6 Jonathan C. Borland

Jonathan C. Borland

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:08 AM

Yes, I have found this exact situation a little annoying. A simple back arrow button would be appreciated in a future release.
  • TheMinibishop likes this

#7 millca

millca

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 01:30 PM

I agree. A simpler way to return to Bible reading on iOS devices would be great after doing a search. I can usually muddle my way back to it but it is not intuitive at all.
Christi Milligan
Accordance 10.x

#8 ahillaker

ahillaker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:32 PM

I have been searching for " * " verses and then navigating back to where I was reading :) This cuts a few steps out...thank you!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: search, return

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users