Charles Grebe

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Biblical Hebrew
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 09 May 2006 - 06:34 PM

Hi,

As I'm sure most are aware, Logos is flogging their new syntactically-tagged texts in their version 3. See http://www.logos.com/logos3 (bottom of page).

I'm doing text linguistic work in OT and the Andersen-Forbes text would be a big help. Are there any plans of including this in Accordance at some point? Does Logos have exclusive rights to the Andersen-Forbes text by any chance?

thanks

Charles

minor typos corrected

Edited by Helen Brown, 10 May 2006 - 10:19 AM.

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 7,940 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 10:18 AM

Yes, we are well aware of Logos' publicity. It is our understanding that Logos does has an exclusive right to these texts. We are investigating alternative options, but we are also unsure as to how useful this tagging will prove to be in practice, and welcome feedback from those who have used it.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#3 Charles Grebe

Charles Grebe

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Biblical Hebrew

Posted 11 May 2006 - 11:41 AM

I wouldn't suggest trying to rebuild the database. If an existing database was available, however, and it wasn't too much work to incorporate into Accordance it would make a nice module.

Regarding "usefulness in practice," I think anyone doing discourse analysis would be interested. I know I would. However, I don't think that many people are doing this sort of work so it may not be worth the effort.

#4 Calvin Lindstrom

Calvin Lindstrom

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Interests:Bible - History - Geography - Languages - Photography - Computers

Posted 20 January 2007 - 10:19 PM

Yes, we are well aware of Logos' publicity. It is our understanding that Logos does has an exclusive right to these texts. We are investigating alternative options, but we are also unsure as to how useful this tagging will prove to be in practice, and welcome feedback from those who have used it.

Trinity Evangelical Divinity Schools (TEDS) in Deerfield, IL recently had a trainer from Logos on campus to demo the features of Logos 3.0. He stated that Logos did not have exclusive rights to the Andersen-Forbes database. So perhaps it is possible that Accordance will be able to add this to their impressive line up of products in the near future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users