2 replies to this topic

#1 zullom

zullom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:25 PM

I have been trying in vain to install 9.5.7 on a new computer. I can download the 9.5.7 file from accordance without a problem, and I open it and enter my password without issue, but then the quick installation flashes for only a second and disappears. I have tried to click on the "continue" button when it is visable for that second, but it doesn't do anything. I don't get any error message though.

The weird thing is that I can download and install the demo of 9.5.2 without a problem, and the older 8.4.7 installs fine for me (although I only have an unlock code for version 9).

Is there any way that I can install 9.5.7 differently or download a previous full version and then update to 9.5.7?

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,506 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:45 PM

The VISE installers are causing a problem for some people especially on Lion. It is worth trying several times. I will email you a link for an earlier installer, but you will probably have a similar problem. One way around it can be to install as a different user (but be sure to choose to install for multiple users).

Our next update should dispense with the VISE installer, but I hate for you to have to wait a few weeks.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#3 zullom

zullom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:40 PM

Thank you Helen. The other installer worked the second time around, and then I was able to update to 9.5.7. You are a blessing.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: installation, 9.5.7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users