Photo

User Notes formatted like Prefs-->Tool Display?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 flips

flips

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Jesus
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:00 AM

Hi!
My user notes looks kinda inconsistent, as I don't have the same font preferences today as when I started using Accordance.
Is it possible somehow to make the user notes follow the text formatting I select for "Tool Display" in Prefences, instead of whatever font I thought looked good when I entered my notes? B)

Edited by flips, 02 May 2012 - 06:09 AM.

• ChrisJ and Ryan Gustason like this
flips B)

#2 JonathanHuber

JonathanHuber

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Interests:Bible study, Greek

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:10 AM

+1

#3 Alex H.

Alex H.

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Accordance Version:8.x

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:49 PM

Another +1

www.alexhuggett.me

#4 Ken Han

Ken Han

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 10:44 AM

+1

#5 flips

flips

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Interests:Jesus

Posted 16 June 2012 - 10:54 AM

Or alternatively, since there seems to be little official or semi-official response to this thread, is there a way to select all user notes and format them all in one go? When I press Cmd+u now, I get an edit windows where I'm not able to select the very font I've been using previously, there's just a subset of the fonts available in the menubar dropdown, and the current font is not shown anyway ... It's all a little confusing.

For me it would be excellent if I could write my user notes less formatting aware, but more structure aware. (Using a subset of html, restructured text or markdown or something, would be nice. Being able to link, quote and apply emphasis and/or underline should be sufficient -- be it in some markup or using a menu/shortcuts.)
For all I know, this may all be possible, then please point me to the correct document/podcast ... :)
flips B)

#6 Peter Smythe

Peter Smythe

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:55 AM

I believe I have the same question. I write my user notes in Trebuchet MS because it's basically that or Helvetica. With 10.0, my user tools are in Helvetica Neue. I'd like to be able to have the same fonts for my notes as I do with my tools. If I'm missing something here, please point me to the right direction.

#7 Julie Falling

Julie Falling

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts
  • Interests:Numerous!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:49 AM

Hey - When I began my notes file, I used Verdana. There is now also some Helena and Rosetta (for pronunciations). These are now my selectable fonts.

[attachment=2451:Fonts.png]

It's interesting that my selections aren't the same as yours. Is there really a standard set?

Being able to reformat the entire User Notes file will only be useful if all we have is an English font with no need for diacritical marks. That said, it would be a nice option for the folks whose notes fall into that category. I'm stuck with Verdana now, but I still like it because it is uncluttered, a little wider than most fonts, distinguishes a lower case "l" from an upper case "i" (one of my pet peeves), and easier for me to read.

Julia Falling

Accordance 

MacBook Air Yosemite

mid-2013 1.7 GHz Intel Core i7 (2 cores)

8 GB RAM; 512 G SSD

Mac mini Yosemite

late-2012 2.3GHz Intel Core i7 (4 cores)

16 GB RAM; 1.12  TB Fusion Drive

iPad Air 1 iOS 8.1

64 GB

#8 Ken Han

Ken Han

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:17 AM

Turn off Preferences --> User Notes Tabs --> Use default fonts in font menu will show all available fonts on your system. I believe this intent of this option is to save the users from the hassle of having to wade through a long list of irrelevant fonts. With this option on only the Accordance supplied fonts and the font you specify in Preferences --> Edit Windows --> User Notes Text shows up.

That said, I'd still love to see what the OP requested above.

#9 Julie Falling

Julie Falling

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts
  • Interests:Numerous!

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:08 PM

Ken - Interesting. Thanks. I, for one, appreciate not having to wade through them all!

Julia Falling

Accordance 

MacBook Air Yosemite

mid-2013 1.7 GHz Intel Core i7 (2 cores)

8 GB RAM; 512 G SSD

Mac mini Yosemite

late-2012 2.3GHz Intel Core i7 (4 cores)

16 GB RAM; 1.12  TB Fusion Drive

iPad Air 1 iOS 8.1

64 GB

#10 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,267 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:10 AM

OK, an official response.

User Notes are an old feature of Accordance, and were designed to give maximum flexibility of fonts and styles in each note. Maybe it was a mistake, but there is no easy way to change that and allow a single display format as long as they stay in their current form. As we have promised, we still intend to create a user tool that works as a reference tool, and will allow you to import your notes from user notes. This is still planned, but I think the general response to version 10 proves that the right decisions were made as to the priorities for the first release.
  • Michael J. Bolesta and ChrisJ like this
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#11 Paul Daunno

Paul Daunno

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Interests:The Bible / Reading books about the Bible / Gadgets & Technology / Woodworking / Photography

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:35 AM

+1

Looking forward to the new feature when it becomes available.
  • flips likes this
Thanks,
-Paul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users