Corrupt Highlight Files

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 aharon0414

aharon0414

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Backpacking, Pipe-smoking, enjoying microbrews, studying and teaching Bible
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:28 AM

so, removing the highlight file resolved it. Is there any way to get that back? I do have it in Dropbox. However, is that file now corrupted? I would like to be able to retain that file if possible. However, it's not a huge file, and I've only recently begun using highlights regularly, so if I lose it, then so be it. Is there any way to not corrupt the files? Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug that is being addressed?

Thanks again,

Aaron

#22 Bob Deacon

Bob Deacon

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Interests:Bible, computers
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:48 AM

Aharon,

My dropbox file was NOT corrupted and it is possible yours is not as well provided you DID NOT do a dropbox sync after Accordance shut down. I did lose a few highlights but not many.

Edited by Bob Deacon, 11 September 2013 - 07:50 AM.

Bob Deacon
Retired Pastor

Murfreesboro, NC

#23 Bob Deacon

Bob Deacon

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Interests:Bible, computers
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:47 AM

I just experienced ANOTHER highlight corruption incident! Dialog box indicates another memory error-116 "readtoolhighliteinfo" or something to that affect. Approximately 2-3 seconds after dialog box appeared Accordance crashed! I have given up with that set of highlights and have initiated another set and will begin again! Not happy!

Bob Deacon
Retired Pastor

Murfreesboro, NC

#24 Guntis

Guntis

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Interests:Theology, music, art,  gadgets, photography, etc... Enjoy reading good books.
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:36 PM

I had the same highlighter file corruption problem 2 or 3 times. Then I disabled auto sync with the Dropbox in the application's preferences. Problem solved or at least minimized. Once Mac version started to crash, I connected my iPhone to my Mac and with the PhoneView app got still un damaged highlighter file from the Accordance app. Copied it over to the Mac app's highlighter location and the problem solved. Now I sync only when I finish work session.
(I guess it could be done also by restoring previous file version from the Dropbox web page. But I'm not sure about that.)
“Teach the way of God in Accordance” (Matt 12:14, NIV-Accordance edition)
“Those who live in Accordance (with the Spirit) have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.” (Rom 8:5, NIV-Accordance edition)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users