#1 martin-s

martin-s

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:13 AM

Hello there,

I have a short question: has anyone experienced the same issue. I started using user tools to prepare my sermons. Right now let's say I am preaching on faith and am going to make it a series. Therefore I created one tool and give each sermon a new Title within the same usertool. It seems to me, as the content of the tool grows it all of a sudden "scrambles" it. passages turn out to be at a different spot then I actually wrote them. This is not very helpful but I can not tell you how it happens. I just know, that after the text extends a certain length the edit window will not display the whole text anymore and that seems like the time when the problem starts.

So maybe someone knows something about it - I really would appreciate help here ....

Blessings
Abundant blessings

Martin

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,267 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:05 AM

You do have the option in Preferences to set a block size for the user tool. See the Help for details. Basically it means you can go longer before starting a new heading/article. If your entire sermon is under one heading, you may be running into that limit.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#3 martin-s

martin-s

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:23 AM

Hi Mithril,

thank you for your help. I think that solved the issue. Do I understand it right: a user tool may basically have any length to it. I could put several sermons in one tool, as long, as I put them under a new heading and the sermon does not extend the set block size it should work fine?

THanks again ....
Abundant blessings

Martin

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,267 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:27 AM

Yes, that should work, but do make backups of the tool in the user/Documents/Accordance files folder as any file which gets updated can get corrupted.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: usertool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users