#1 Eleuterio

Eleuterio

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Bible - AT - Psalms - Wisdom Literature
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 21 May 2006 - 05:01 PM

Is there a possibility to have a "Details / Table" format that would display only Chapters that have a hit, but ordered according to Reference?

For instance: I do a word search in Psalms, to see in which Ps does this word show up. Then I would like to have listed:
- The Psalms with a hit, in Reference order
- The Total hits per Psalm

If I set Table display to sort by References, I get the references ordered, but also the Psalms where the word does Not appear (with a '0' in Total hits), which is not useful. If I set it to sort by Total Hits, I get only the references with hits, but ordered according to the total.
Is there a way to get both things?

And a possible feature request, to make this "Details" instruments yet more useful: the possibility of defining sort of sub-sets of ranges. For instance: it is common that when you do a word search you want to distinguish how many times it appears in Pentateuch, Prophets, Wisdom, etc., or in my field, in book I of the Psalter (Ps 1-41), in book II, etc. If it were possible to define a set of ranges for this Table display, or even for Graph, that would be wonderful!! It would give something like this:

Psalm - Total Hits - Hits per 1000 words

Book I (Ps 1-41)
Ps 34 - 1 - 4.00

Book II (Ps 42-72)
Ps 69 - 1 - 2.16

Book III (Ps 73-89)
Ps 79 - 2 - 9.85
Ps 89 - 1 - 1.66

etc... (well, you would do it much better, of course).
Thank you

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,436 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 21 May 2006 - 11:35 PM

I don't see us doing any of this in the near future, but a new feature of version 7, the Table Bar Chart, will let you display the Table results graphically.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#3 Eleuterio

Eleuterio

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Bible - AT - Psalms - Wisdom Literature
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 22 May 2006 - 03:40 PM

Well, that sounds interesting.

What about leaving aside the References with no ('0') hits but maintaining Reference order (at least as an option)?

Thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users