#1 Ken Han

Ken Han

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 24 May 2006 - 03:13 PM

Just downloaded version 7. How soon can we expect v.7 manual? I don't think it's posted yet.

By the way, I really like the new website. It looks cleaner.

Ken

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 7,979 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 03:36 PM

No more PDF manuals until I actually can revise the User's Guide. We decided to focus on the Help instead of updating 4 or five documents every time. I will post an updated Keboard shortcuts right now.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#3 Kerry Magruder

Kerry Magruder

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:History of science
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 27 May 2006 - 02:22 PM

Thanks for all the work on the many various pdf manuals, as well as the online articles and blog. Together these incomparable, second-to-none resources are a wonderful help, each in their own way, for helping us to use Accordance more effectively. The blog is a great way to stay fresh and learn new things. The Beginning in Mark articles are a fantastic tutorial for beginners because of their very practical approach. The Accordance Tutorial pdf is also helpful as an intermediate level introduction.

However, here is my main question: I am planning to show my wife and kids how to use Accordance this summer, and maybe demo it for some friends in my church as well. I plan to use the Articles on Beginning in Mark (as well as the demo DVD). Does Allison Brannon have plans to revise the Beginning in Mark articles to incorporate v. 7 changes? If so, would it be possible to also post them as a downloadable pdf for more convenient printing?

PEACE
Kerry

#4 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 7,979 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 02:33 PM

We do plan to edit and format these articles as an Accordance tool for Library 7. We'll take your suggestions into consideration (adding version 7 features and posting it online).
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#5 Kerry Magruder

Kerry Magruder

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:History of science
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 27 May 2006 - 08:13 PM

Thanks for giving it a thought. I should have mentioned that I work in a Windows world and use a Mac at home. At work, if I print to our Dell color laser printer from Win XP using IE, the text is truncated on every line. Therefore, color prints are unusable. This might be a printer driver issue or whatever (I'm not saying the web design is faulty, and it occurred before the recent re-design as well as currently). But in any case, consistent printing is what pdfs are for, so that is why I would enjoy having the option of printable pdfs for substantial online resources like the articles. (Printable pdfs could also include the larger screenshots.) Also, I personally like the convenience of printing the helps and manuals, both for my own private browsing and for teaching handouts, and I frequently look over them at odd times when my computer is not handy. So thanks for considering it. :)

PEACE
Kerry

#6 Dan Wagner

Dan Wagner

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 08:20 PM

Any word on an updated User Guide or Mini-Manual?

#7 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 7,979 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 10:01 PM

Not started on it yet, sorry! Updated information is found in each edition of the Help files.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#8 mythrenegade

mythrenegade

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 October 2006 - 04:10 PM

Not started on it yet, sorry! Updated information is found in each edition of the Help files.

Geez, you act like you actually need to sleep sometimes! :-)

Thanks for all your hard work, v7 is really nice.

Joel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users