Pratico's Hebrew Grammar

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Lung

Lung

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Hebrew Bible, Biblical Hebrew, History of Consequences, Job, Song of Songs, Mac, iPad, iPhone.
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:12 PM

Anyone has purchased the Pratico's Hebrew Grammar? Any thoughts or impression that you can share with us before I click the purchase button?

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,431 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:06 PM

Check out today's Blog article on this grammar.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#3 Lung

Lung

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Hebrew Bible, Biblical Hebrew, History of Consequences, Job, Song of Songs, Mac, iPad, iPhone.

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:52 AM

thank you, Helen. It is tempting, though I still want to hear from fellow users.

#4 Mark Allison

Mark Allison

Gold

• Accordance
  • 215 posts
  • Accordance Version:4.x

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:20 AM

I don't know If you have access to iTunes U in Hong Kong, but there is some excellent free training available that makes use of this grammar. Here's the link: http://itunes.apple....st?id=392738805

#5 Lung

Lung

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:11 AM

Thank you, Mark. I do have access to iTune U.

But I also would like to know the experience of using Pratico's grammar in Accordance. It will be great if I could hear from teachers who are thinking to use this grammar in their teaching.

#6 wbarkley

wbarkley

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Bible, Theology, Languages, Greek, Hebrew, Travel, College Football
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:07 PM

I am currently assisting in teaching through Hebrew 1 & 2 with Pratico-Van Pelt. I would say the module is worth it for reference if nothing else. not to mention the book is huge and cumbersome. There are lot of positives with Pratico-Van Pelt, although I think Garrett-DeRouchie grammar is far superior with the inclusion of discourse material. I purchased Pratico-Van Pelt as that is the grammar we use (not my choice) and it still is a solid grammar and reference.
---------------
"We are men of action; lies do not become us." - The Dread Pirate Roberts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users