23 replies to this topic

#21 jwoyak

jwoyak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:06 AM

Thanks so much, Ken.  That will save me a ton of time and frustration.

For any interested in changing the four key shortcut (impractical to do with one hand) for the "Paste and Match Style" feature, here's a website that takes you through it:

http://www.macstorie...nd-match-style/

#22 Ken Simpson

Ken Simpson

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,839 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy
    Archaeology
    Physics
    Hebrew and Greek
    Papyrology
    Orthopædic Surgery
    Yosemite 10.10.1
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:17 AM

Hey, if I can drop the overall level of frustration in the world, I am feeling very happy. But more importantly, we all want to help you work most effectively in your study of the Scriptures for the good of those you minister to.

Regards
Ken
Lead Australian Accordance Demonstrator

Administrator, Accordance Exchange

Assistant Minister, Summer Hill Church

#23 Tom

Tom

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 21 June 2014 - 09:10 AM

1. The ability to save multiple different citation formats for different types of copying. For example, I copy from Accordance into Keynote for Sunday sermon presentations. In these, I am typically using a large font (42 point or greater) and want the reference citation below the text. However, I am also preparing notes for various handouts, and in these I typically use a 12 point font and place the reference before the text. It would be nice to have the ability to have several of these citation formats saved. Then I could just choose the one that I want for my present purposes.

2. The ability to have the verse numbers superscripted in the export. As it stands now, I have to manually superscript them if I want it to look like virtually every print Bible I have ever seen, and this is a waste of time.

3. The ability to designate a font to be used in export. I should be able to have it export in Times New Roman if that is the font in the document in which I am inserting text from Accordance, yet not have to change my font in Accordance to Times New Roman. (And I know I can use Command-Alt-Shift-V to get the font desired, but then I would lose superscripted verse numbers, which I want even more....)

4. The ability to select a color for the font (again different from the one in Accordance) would be nice. All of my fonts in Accordance tend to be dark (usually black), but in Keynote a dark background with a white font works better. It would be nice if Accordance could do that step for me.

5. If I do not have the book reference copied, Accordance inserts a couple of blank spaces before the verse begins. When I am pasting into Keynote, these have to be removed. It would be nice to tell Accordance to not insert these spaces.

The lack of these features do not prevent me from using the export. However, they do mean that I have to repeatedly do simple steps that could be done for me by Accordance.

I would really LOVE to see this incorporated into Accordance 10.

I have not upgraded to Accordance 10. Can anyone help me by telling me which of the above can now be done? As has been mentioned in this (old) thread, these are actions that I use almost daily and would be very helpful to me, but could not be done in version 9. It has been awhile since an update on this, so I am unclear if I upgrade to Version 10 that I could have (some of) these functions.

Thanks for the help,

Tom 

B.S. (Education, Bryan College)
Th.M. (Systematic Theology, Dallas Seminary)
M.A., Ph.D. (Classical Philosophy, University of Dallas)
Pastor/Teacher

#24 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,506 posts
  • Twitter:accordancebible
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 22 June 2014 - 12:53 PM

2, 3, and 4 are now supported in Accordance 10. 1 and 5 are not yet supported. 3 and 4 are set in the new Preferences: Export.

Helen Brown
OakTree Software

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users