Retina Display

Helen Brown

Jeremy: Our Mac development team has been hard at work getting Accordance Retina ready all the time, it's just a massive job. We hired a separate development team for the port to Windows so that it would not impact the Mac development. In fact, much of the underlying work that needed to be done for Retina was also needed for Windows, so it was a win-win situation.

FYI, Retina display is coming along very well, and we should have an announcement in a matter of weeks.

• Like 5

Totally understand Helen, Mac is still a small market globally, but obviously the hires made for the Windows version could have been hired to work on the development of the Mac version if the economic case made sense.

I don't blame you guys at all. The same thing happened with Renewed Vision when they began development of a Windows version of Pro Presenter. The Mac version is still great, but updates became less frequent and moves to adapt to new directions at Apple became slower.

Ideally the benefit of dual platform is the ability to license more resources which is a win for everyone. The benefit of a Mac only developer is responsiveness to Mac users. It's a cost/benefit decision.

Thanks for the update.

Jeremy: Our Mac development team has been hard at work getting Accordance Retina ready all the time, it's just a massive job. We hired a separate development team for the port to Windows so that it would not impact the Mac development. In fact, much of the underlying work that needed to be done for Retina was also needed for Windows, so it was a win-win situation.

FYI, Retina display is coming along very well, and we should have an announcement in a matter of weeks.

Helen, thanks very much for the update. No bitterness here on the Windows port. It's actually a great comfort to know that if I ever do have to abandon the Mac platform (not happening anytime soon), I'll still be able to take Accordance with me.

Is there any talk about expanding to Android devices? I don't own one myself (yet), but future Accordance availability would be a major factor.

• 4 weeks later...

It is almost ready for public testing - we'll post announcements as soon as we can. Thanks for your patience!

• Like 1

Thanks for the update Joel. That is encouraging news!

As for public testing, is that available to all users, or is that limited to a more select group?

I had a stroke the day after Christmas. Since then, Accordance is much more difficult to read than other software which supports retina display. Before this, I didn't think that support for retina display was such a big deal. Now it is.

We'll be posting the release to our beta testing list, but also open up the list to anyone who volunteers to test it. This is in recognition of our retina display users who anxiously would like a copy to work with.

Count me in as a tester.

Thanks Abram. It does present some challenges but my brain seems to still work OK and I am learning to walk again. My eyes, especially the right eye, took a hit. I am able to study and pray and hope to be preaching again by February.

• Like 3

Wow--that is a real hit. Praying and wishing you a speedy recovery, and a strong sense of God's presence in the meantime!

I'd love to beta test it.

• 1 month later...

Just updated for Retina Display. Very nice! Thanks for the effort. Didn't stop using Accordance during the interim, but it sure frazzled my eyes. Excellent now! Thanks again.