• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#41 Greg Terry

Greg Terry

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Interests:Bible Study & Accordance!, Puritans and John Calvin, Old Testament study - especially Leviticus, Model Railroading, Apple Computers, & Fountain Pens
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:38 AM

Rick

I don't have my Mac with me today or I would try it.

I wonder if this is also somehow related to the half dozen or so 'missing' modules from the Essentials package which I reported in another thread?
Peace!

Greg

"I was but a Pen in God's hand, and what praise is due to a Pen?"

–Richard Baxter–

#42 Tony Lawrence

Tony Lawrence

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Interests:Hosting Bible Land Tours, Expository Preaching, My granddaughter

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:11 PM

Hmm, I'm stumped then. I looked at my source text and saw no reason why clicking on the NKJVS link in that entry would cause an error. But, I did update that entry and made sure the link was correct, and now it links to either G199 or G197 so you get all 9 hits. I'll include this in a future update (not sure when it will get pushed out - maybe a couple weeks or sooner if more issues are reported).

Thanks…

Rick, I wanted to let you know what I did to attempt to see if I had a corrupted module(s). I removed the NKJVS from my library and then ran Easy Install and it downloaded a fresh copy of the NKJV with Strongs Group. The problem remained. So next I deleted the Mounce Greek Dictionary. In the Easy Install it showed up twice, part of the Mounce Study Bundle and part of the Accordance 10 Starter Set. I tried doing each one individually to see if that made a difference. The one attached to the Mounce Study Bundle was version 2, the one with Accordance 10 Starter was version 3. However both exhibited the same issue. I am wondering if it is a NKJVS issue since the same issue also happens with the KM Hebrew Dictionary when I click on the NKJV there as well? I am open to suggestions such as deleting preferences, etc. if you think that will help.

Just for info, I am running 10.8, and Accordance 10.0.1 on a 24" iMac. I know there are others with much more serious issues than this but sometimes they may be connected so I wanted to report it. And, by the way, thanks for all you guys are doing.
Tony Lawrence
biblelandphotos.org

#43 Rick Bennett

Rick Bennett

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,705 posts
  • Interests: gadgets, coffee, running and cycling, Rays baseball

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:45 PM

Rick, I wanted to let you know what I did to attempt to see if I had a corrupted module(s). I removed the NKJVS from my library and then ran Easy Install and it downloaded a fresh copy of the NKJV with Strongs Group. The problem remained. So next I deleted the Mounce Greek Dictionary. In the Easy Install it showed up twice, part of the Mounce Study Bundle and part of the Accordance 10 Starter Set. I tried doing each one individually to see if that made a difference. The one attached to the Mounce Study Bundle was version 2, the one with Accordance 10 Starter was version 3. However both exhibited the same issue. I am wondering if it is a NKJVS issue since the same issue also happens with the KM Hebrew Dictionary when I click on the NKJV there as well? I am open to suggestions such as deleting preferences, etc. if you think that will help.

Just for info, I am running 10.8, and Accordance 10.0.1 on a 24" iMac. I know there are others with much more serious issues than this but sometimes they may be connected so I wanted to report it. And, by the way, thanks for all you guys are doing.

I still cannot reproduce this even after downloading all new modules and following your example. Can we screenshare?

Rick Bennett
Director of Content Development
iOS Working Group

#44 Tony Lawrence

Tony Lawrence

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Interests:Hosting Bible Land Tours, Expository Preaching, My granddaughter

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:59 PM

I still cannot reproduce this even after downloading all new modules and following your example. Can we screenshare?

yes, AIM alawrence57
Tony Lawrence
biblelandphotos.org

#45 Rick Bennett

Rick Bennett

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,705 posts
  • Interests: gadgets, coffee, running and cycling, Rays baseball

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:32 PM

We were able to track down the issue Tony was having and have reported it to be fixed.

Rick Bennett
Director of Content Development
iOS Working Group

#46 Randy Cue

Randy Cue

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Interests:Teaching adult Sunday School, baseball

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:37 PM

Randy, can you try running Easy Install again to see if those items are now installing properly? Helen and Joel are working on this as I write.

Rick,
Easy Install gave me 20 new modules. I guess the atlas is there, but it will not let me use "infrared" or "Night Vision" or "Satellite" settings. Also, Easy Install still showed BHS Latin Key missing. When I tried to download it, it downloaded our old frien HMT-W4 arain.

Soli Deo Gloria,
Randy

#47 Greg Terry

Greg Terry

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Interests:Bible Study & Accordance!, Puritans and John Calvin, Old Testament study - especially Leviticus, Model Railroading, Apple Computers, & Fountain Pens

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:32 PM

Rick and Randy:

I concur in most of what Randy wrote. However, the Night Vision, Infrared and Satellite settings were accessible after I located them for Accordance. When I tried those maps, I was presented with the dialog to find the files. Once I did that they work as expected. The other maps worked as expected immediately with no interaction from me.

Still missing the BHS Latin Key - similar experience to Randy on that one.
Peace!

Greg

–Richard Baxter–

#48 Randy Cue

Randy Cue

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:17 PM

Hey Greg, where did you find those maps? Oops, I found them. We guys from Illinois need to stick together the way our state is going :blink: .

Soli Deo Gloria,
Randy

#49 Greg Terry

Greg Terry

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:22 PM

Glad you found them!

I must say the Atlas program is pretty awesome!
Peace!

Greg

–Richard Baxter–

#50 Randy Cue

Randy Cue

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:31 AM

Hey Greg,
Run easy install now. The problem has been fixed. I talked with Keith from Accordance tech support last evening and he along with others resolved the problem. You are right about the maps!

Soli Deo Gloria,
Randy
  • Greg Terry likes this

#51 Greg Terry

Greg Terry

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:21 AM

Randy,

Thanks for the info. I'll check it out at lunch.

Kudos to Keith and team Accordance!!
Peace!

Greg

–Richard Baxter–

#52 Greg Terry

Greg Terry

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:12 PM

Hey Greg,
Run easy install now. The problem has been fixed. I talked with Keith from Accordance tech support last evening and he along with others resolved the problem. You are right about the maps!

Soli Deo Gloria,
Randy

Issue with incomplete Essentials package is fixed!
  • Randy Cue likes this
Peace!

Greg

–Richard Baxter–

#53 Oheyward

Oheyward

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Ministry and Hermeneutics

Posted 01 September 2012 - 11:53 AM

I am going to accordance 10. I need some help understanding the system, and learning how to accomplish certain study components. I am very much into word study and syntactical searches. I am coming from a previous Bible program in which the platform is greatly different. I just purchased accordance 10 ultimate. I would appreciate any guidance in how I can learn how to better utilize the system. Are there any training videos that I could watch to see how accordance 10 works? Are there any other options in regards to training?

#54 Michael J. Bolesta

Michael J. Bolesta

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts
  • Interests:scripture study, preaching, teaching

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:21 PM

Look at http://www.accordancebible.com/Support

The podcasts are short and instructive. Since version 10 is new, only one podcast has been done so far.

The help is in depth and fairly simple to navigate.

You are on the forum, and it is a good place to pose questions.

Welcome to the community!

Michael

#55 Fr. Rusty Matheny

Fr. Rusty Matheny

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:Human Beings, The Gospel, Scripture, Theology, Ecclesiology, Psychology, Computer/Software Technology, Organic Farming, Professional Audio Technology and my Grandkids.

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:16 PM

The videos for version 9 are still helpful as the basic functions of the software have not changed all that much, what we have in version 10 is a better way to access those functions. IMHO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users