ryangeer

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:45 PM

Julie,

The app is $.01 less than $50... It's just too much for me to pay for an upgrade right now, esp. when there are actual modules I need.

#22 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:20 PM

The only real downside I can see to having Accordance on a PC is that you'll have a beautiful, uncluttered program running on a machine that is plastered with stickers!

I've never understood this. It's one thing for the manufacturers to put those stickers on Windows laptops, by why in world do Windows users leave them on there? I've bought only one Windows laptop in the last 14 years, and the first thing I did was remove all the stickers. I can't see why others don't do this, too.
___
Rick Mansfield

RMansfield@mac.com
http://thislamp.com
twitter.com/thislamp
facebook.com/rmansfield

#23 Fr. Rusty Matheny

Fr. Rusty Matheny

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:Human Beings, The Gospel, Scripture, Theology, Ecclesiology, Psychology, Computer/Software Technology, Organic Farming, Professional Audio Technology and my Grandkids.

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:58 PM

The stickers show you bought something cool!

#24 Buck

Buck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:05 PM

I purchased the Starter Collection (Accordance 10). It showed up in Easy Install. I downloaded and installed it but I am still only have Accordance 9. I've closed and re-opened the application. Easy Install is showing Starter Collection (Accordance 10) as downloaded and installed, but nothing has changed - I still only have Accordance 9. Am I missing something? What else do I need to do?
"The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love."

#25 scriswell

scriswell

Gold

• Accordance
  • 202 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Soccer, American Football, Interface Design, Visual Design, Digital Illustration, Information Architecture, Photography, Reading (Scripture, Apologetics, Theology, Church History)

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:14 PM

I purchased the Starter Collection (Accordance 10). It showed up in Easy Install. I downloaded and installed it but I am still only have Accordance 9. I've closed and re-opened the application. Easy Install is showing Starter Collection (Accordance 10) as downloaded and installed, but nothing has changed - I still only have Accordance 9. Am I missing something? What else do I need to do?

The installers can be found here: http://www.accordanc...tallers/#Acc-10

Give those a try.
  • Buck likes this
-
Scott Criswell

Interface Design | Interaction Design | User Experience | Icon Design | iOS Working Group

#26 Steve Lo Vullo

Steve Lo Vullo

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:14 PM

Buck, I was confused about this also. But I finally figured out that you need to do the following: On the Accordance website, go to your account page. Then click on "My Products" on the left. You should see your purchase of Accordance 10 in the list (mine was at the top). Just click on the green box with the down arrow, and you will have the choice of downloading the installer alone or the installer with the modules. Since you already have the modules, choose just the installer. The installer will download, then you just install Accordance 10. Hope this helps.
Steve Lo Vullo

#27 Buck

Buck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:33 PM

The installers can be found here: http://www.accordanc...tallers/#Acc-10

Give those a try.

That did the trick - thank you. Anybody know why the Easy Install didn't work?
"The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love."

#28 scriswell

scriswell

Gold

• Accordance
  • 202 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Soccer, American Football, Interface Design, Visual Design, Digital Illustration, Information Architecture, Photography, Reading (Scripture, Apologetics, Theology, Church History)

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:36 PM

I didn't have this happen for me on my end so I can't offer any reason for it. Possibly one of the developers may know more about it. Sorry I don't have an explanation but I'm glad the download link helped. :)
-
Scott Criswell

Interface Design | Interaction Design | User Experience | Icon Design | iOS Working Group

#29 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,114 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:03 PM

In my up grade, Accordance 10 is rebuilding my whole library via easy install.
Should that procedure be taken for granted / normal behavior?

No, this is not normal. Please contact me so we can find out why.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#30 Mark Nigro

Mark Nigro

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Interests:Theology, biblical and modern languages, motorcycles, classical guitar, technology

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:31 PM

This is just too much "Good Stuff" to take in all at once! Accordance, when you do something, you really do it right! Now if only I could stop playing with and gazing at all the new features in version 10 (including the amazing new site), I would be able to concentrate on my studies again! :D Thank you Accordance!

Edited by Mark Nigro , 20 August 2012 - 11:35 PM.

#31 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,114 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:41 PM

Mark, you remind me of the early (1994) reviewer who said Accordance should come with a warning that it caused sleepless nights.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#32 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,521 posts
  • Interests:a good cup of coffee, sci-fi, playing bass, listing to jazz and the blues, camping, fishing and the great outdoors

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:46 AM

Julie,

The app is $.01 less than $50... It's just too much for me to pay for an upgrade right now, esp. when there are actual modules I need.

Ryan, that is a difficult decision. New modules are always tempting, even though Darin is correct and the new collections are a great value and include both Accordance 10 and additional modules. I was a poor student for too long not to remember how hard it is to make those kinds of difficult financial decisions.

However, we have recently released a free dot update to Accordance 9, Accordance 9.6.6. That news may have gotten buried in all our excitement over 10's release. I hope it is some encouragement to you.
Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer

#33 pdmayfield

pdmayfield

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:24 PM

The new features in Accordance 10 look great. I do have some questions though: 1) can the library window be hidden; 2) once the instant details windows is detached, can it be set to "automatically fade" like in Accordance 9.x?

Those are really the only two questions that I can think of right now prior to upgrading.

Thanks.

#34 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,521 posts
  • Interests:a good cup of coffee, sci-fi, playing bass, listing to jazz and the blues, camping, fishing and the great outdoors

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:29 PM

Yes! The Library can be hidden.

I meant to include that in the podcast and only just this morning realize I forgot that section. Just click the Library icon in the Toolbar to show or hide the Library. You can also make it a pop over. make the change in Accordance>Preferences>Appearance. Using the shift key will override the current preference.
Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer

#35 Julie Falling

Julie Falling

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • Interests:Numerous!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:53 PM

Julie, The app is $.01 less than $50... It's just too much for me to pay for an upgrade right now, esp. when there are actual modules I need.

Ryan - Sorry about that. We were "impoverished" students at one time, too. At this point we're "retired" and things aren't quite as tight anymore.

I know Accordance has discounts for students, academia, and I think for pastors & missionaries, too - that bunch of folks who really need the resources & are usually not "rolling in money" (how much money is that, anyway?). I hope your decision making process goes smoothly. Accordance modules make good Christmas and birthday gifts. That is what I always ask for - that or books.

Julie

Julia Falling

Accordance 10

MacBook Air Mavericks

Mac mini Mavericks

iPad Air iOS 7

#36 rtrickel

rtrickel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Urban ministry, preaching/teaching, grandkids, motorcycles

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:46 PM

I'm a new user to Accordance, had version 9x for several months but never really became comfortable with it. I upgraded to v. 10 last night and love it. It seems more intuitive to me and much easier for me to navigate and use.

Thanks for a great upgrade and a terrific program!

Rich
  • Rick Bennett likes this

#37 David Voth

David Voth

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Interests:music, web design, photography, Spanish

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:12 PM

I want to say that you have done a great job with the new version. Thanks.

David

David Voth

Mac OS X Mavericks, iOS 7

#38 imepv7

imepv7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:46 AM

I just purchased the version 9 premier library last month. I don't know if this new version is gonna be good news or bad news to me. When I purchased my Macbookair last month (for the sole purpose of using Accordance) Apple provided a free upgrade for Mountain Lion for those who bought their machines within I believe 2 months prior to releasing the New OSX. That's an awesome deal. Are you also able to serve the same kind of service to your brand new customers?

#39 Steve King

Steve King

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:46 AM

If you look under 'store' and upgrades on the website you will find the info you want.

If you bought Acc9 on or after 1 May 2012 there is a code to get a free upgrade to 10.
  • imepv7 likes this

#40 Chuck Schneider

Chuck Schneider

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:59 AM

The new features of v.10 are making some of my older module purchases refreshingly interesting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users