Validation for Accordance 10

Michael J. Bolesta

Every time I start Accordance 10 it is a slow process and there is a window "Validating Accordance"

A few times it seems to want an unlock or to check the web site. It is no longer doing this, but it consisting warns of a strange missing file. See screen shot.

Michael

post-125-0-34067700-1345502596_thumb.png

I did not have internet access and could not start Accordance 10 at all. I get setup assistant, but offline cannot validate from the website. When I put in the unlock code received in my receipt, it was NOT accepted.

When I do have web access, I can get it to validate, but still get the cryptic missing file message. Accordance is NOT remembering my purchase.

Help!

post-125-0-85278600-1345519577_thumb.png

I posted this earlier in bug swatters. It may be more appropriate here. It takes a long time open Accordance 10, and I get a cryptic missing file message. If I am not connected to the internet, it fails and I am prompted for the unlock code, but the setup assistant rejects the code on my receipt (same code on my products page). Why am I prompted after the program has been successfully launched?

post-125-0-93628800-1345519931_thumb.png

post-125-0-89915200-1345520142_thumb.png

These issues are usually fixed by resetting the permissions on the folder in Library/Application Support named Accordance. This can be in your user directory or the main Hard Drive. Reset so that your user has read/write permission and apply to all enclosed items. I am available to help you directly if you contact me.

That did it! God bless you Helen! You have had a long, long day. Get some rest.

Shalom,

Michael

I'm just getting started, but I hope the rest of the hardworking team is now fast asleep.

Hi Helen,

I have tried the reset permissions tip here, but I am still getting the "validating Accordance" whenever I start Accordance up, in either my main account, or in my demo account...

I am using both v9 and v10. It seemed to happen after I had to reinstall v9 because I inadvertently deleted it.

Edited by Ken Simpson

Ken, you probably did this, but if not, be sure to apply the permission settings to all the contained folders (I did not do that the first time).

Yep, I did thanks Michael, good to ask!

Though I have noticed now that it is when I go swap between the two. So when I go to Acc 9, the first launch is an extended validation, but subsequent times it is quick. Then when I go to Acc 10, I get the extended validation the first time, then quick starts afterwards, until I switch back to Acc 9, etc etc....