• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Greg Terry

Greg Terry

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Interests:Bible Study & Accordance!, Puritans and John Calvin, Old Testament study - especially Leviticus, Model Railroading, Apple Computers, & Fountain Pens
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:19 PM

I have found that if I double click a tool in the Library window to open a tool, and maximize it using the icon in the upper right of that window then close it with CMD+w, the library or instant details windows are no longer displayed in my default desktop. Attempting to redisplay them results in a quick flash of the library window on the screen but no library or instant details window. If I repeatedly press (several times) the shortcut key for Instant Details, I can eventually get it to display and then the Library windows to display, but they take up about 90% of the screen when they appear.

If I use the minimize icon in the upper right of the tool window when maximized, it reduces it as it was before being expanded - with the Library and ID window open where they should be - as expected.

Default Desktop
Attached File  Default Desktop.jpg   140.68KB   48 downloads

Desktop after opening a tool via Library window, expanding it full, then closing with CMD +w
Attached File  After.jpg   177.88KB   67 downloads

After finally getting the ID then Library to display
Attached File  Final Result.jpg   90.45KB   54 downloads
  • Seth Ehorn likes this
Peace!

Greg

"I was but a Pen in God's hand, and what praise is due to a Pen?"

–Richard Baxter–

#2 Greg Terry

Greg Terry

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Interests:Bible Study & Accordance!, Puritans and John Calvin, Old Testament study - especially Leviticus, Model Railroading, Apple Computers, & Fountain Pens

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:14 PM

Still experiencing this with 10.0.1.

Library and ID areas disappear when maximizing a tool and closing the tool with CMD+w
Peace!

Greg

–Richard Baxter–

#3 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 7,993 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:24 AM

Well, yes. Command-W closes the workspace, it does not revert the zone from maximize to its previous size. This is normal and intended behavior. Now that the Library and Instant Details are integrated with the workspace, they will close as well.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#4 Greg Terry

Greg Terry

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:19 AM

Helen,

I understand that but shouldn't that close all the windows? And if not shouldn't I be able to reopen the Library and/ or ID palettes with the keyboard shortcut after that?

To be clear, the maximized tool window closes and the Library & ID window which were not part of the maximized tool screen but the original workspace. The original workspace is then displayed without the ID and Library window which were there before the tool was maximized.

When I attempt to use shortcuts for the missing palettes I see a flash of the menu bar but nothing happens - or on occasion after repeated pressing of the keyboard shortcuts, the ID or Library MAY appear but not always.

Edited by Greg Terry, 24 August 2012 - 08:32 AM.

Peace!

Greg

–Richard Baxter–

#5 Michael J. Bolesta

Michael J. Bolesta

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts
  • Interests:scripture study, preaching, teaching

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:53 AM

Greg

I was able to replicate the behavior you described: cmd-W closes the magnified zone and ID and Library if displaced. Furthermore, the keyboard shortcuts to reopen (and the tool bar buttons) require multiple attempts to reopen either one. When reopened, ID definitely increases in size.

M
  • Greg Terry likes this

Michael

#6 Greg Terry

Greg Terry

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 03:26 PM

Michael,

Thanks for checking this out. I wasn't sure my explanations were clear.
Peace!

Greg

–Richard Baxter–

#7 Greg Terry

Greg Terry

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:59 PM

Seems to be fixed in 10.0.2.

Thanks!
Peace!

Greg

–Richard Baxter–

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users