Ken Han

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 04 June 2006 - 11:34 PM

Hi.

I just noticed that when I import a html file to use as a user tool, all scripture references get automatically linked unless the reference is chapter only. Is this a bug or a known "feature?" For example, Ps 46:1 or Ps 46:1, 2 or Ps 46:1-3 will get linked, but Ps 46 (without any verse reference) will not get linked.

Thanks.

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,205 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 12:10 AM

This is deliberate, Accordance uses the colon to help identify the verse reference.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#3 jpkang

jpkang

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • Interests:Comparative Semitics; ancient Hebrew semantics; Hebrew syntax; history and religion of ancient Israel; history of interpretation.

Posted 05 June 2006 - 09:30 AM

Until that apocalyptic day when Accordance can auto-hyperlink the vast majority of scripture citation formats, you can use the contextual menu in 7.x to save some time--select the reference(s), ctrl-click (or right-click on a mouse), and choose the Bible to which you wish to amplify under Search In.
J. P. Kang, Ph.D. (Bible)

#4 Joe Weaks

Joe Weaks

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts
  • Interests:I like things that are Orange, and possibly Blue.
  • Accordance Version:8.x

Posted 05 June 2006 - 04:51 PM

Many times similar questions have come up asking what does get formatted when importing a user tool... not just scripture links but also which html tags...
I have suggested that the Accordance documentation, which as a whole is very good and very thorough, include a list of html tags which get formatted upon import.

I put together a web page detailing through trial and error just what scripture reference formats and html tags DO get formatted. This was done using version 6, but I don't think the import libraries have changed. Here's the resource:
Accordance Import Sampler

Edited by Joe Weaks, 05 June 2006 - 04:52 PM.

Joe Weaks
The Macintosh Biblioblog

Sometimes I'm so helpful even I can't stand it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users