User Tool Crash

Tom Childers

I create a new user tool, go to edit mode and type a Bible reference. Then I highlight the verse and select create a link. If there is only one verse on the line and I select the Bible reference, the program usually highlights to the end of the line. If I click create a link with the verse hightlighted and the highlight extends to the end of line or beyond, when I select create a link, Accordance crashes each time. I have to make sure that I only select the Bible reference and no more to prevent the crash. If there are several verses in a paragraph, the verse selection is no problem. It is when there is only one reference that the selection of the Bible reference wants to jump to the end of the line and highlight more than the reference. This is when the crash occurs.

This happens to me as well.

• 4 weeks later...

I had a user tool (named "Hosea") with an outline of the book in it. I decided to remove the outline in favor of a different one and so I highlight the entire text of the user tool and hit the "delete" button. The text went away as it should but when I clicked "update" Accordance instantly crashed! I was able to reproduce this behavior.

I found out that the user tool DOES NOT like a blank page. When I deleted the entire note leaving only a blank page it crashed. As long as I left some text in the user note it was fine.