Every year or so I break down and spill out my future feature requests. And it’s been over a year since I’ve done so. So I thought now might be a good time to comment.
Before I make my list, thanks for all the improvements in Accordance 10. It took some time to relearn-rework my workflow. But especially, I appreciate the improvements for people who work on small screens. Likewise the inclusion of the NA27 apparatus and the UBS apparatus (and also the BHS apparatus!) are great inclusions!
Now for the list:
1) Print Profiles. I usually make two different types of citations. In the first, I have the bible passage listed in the front, with verse references between the verses. In the second category I have the reference at the end of the citation with all the verse references stripped fromt the text. I would be really nice to have the ability to make some ‘presets’ so that I don’t have to redo everything whenever I need to switch between the two.
2) Links in user notes. It is nice to have the ability to link between user tools. However, it would be really nice to be able to link to user tools (or normal tools) from the user notes.
3) Lutheran Stuff. I realize this is a perennial request, but it would be nice to have some Lutheran stuff. Particularly, It would be nice to have the Concordia Triglotta (with all three languages in parallel). So also, it would be nice to have Bente’s introductions included as well. To my knowledge these are public domain. In addition to this it would be nice to have an updated version of the Book of Concord. I realize that momentum with CPH never gained traction. What about speaking with the Fortress people to get the Kolb-Wengert version?
4) Notes in Tools. It has been really nice to keep my notes for my exegetical text studies within Accordance. It would be nice to be able to keep notes for some of the tools too.
5) Push-syncing. With Dropbox I’ve been keeping my user notes in sync with each other for some years now. It would be nice to have the same ability not just with my macs but also with my iPhone (and iPad---if I ever break down and get one). I know that there is the ability to sync to these devices. But it would be really nice to do so without having to sync manually over the local network.
Thanks for listening to my requests.
Edited by Outis, 28 August 2012 - 07:27 AM.