Quick way to Look up Reference and floating windows

Tom

I don't suppose there is an easy way to highlight a word and look it up quickly in a particular tool or user defined set of tools?

I know you can search "All Tools" by control-clicking. But it would be nice to have a "Favorites Tool" list.

I also know you can click on the Resource Palette if it is open, but I need all the screen space I can get, so I don't leave it open.

Can some one help me here?

Also, is there any way to have a search or user note open in an independent floating window instead of a tab? This would be nice as well.

Tom

I don't suppose there is an easy way to highlight a word and look it up quickly in a particular tool or user defined set of tools?

I know you can search "All Tools" by control-clicking. But it would be nice to have a "Favorites Tool" list.

You can. Open up a Search All window/tab and select Define Group.... This group will then be available in the contextual menu under Search All. Note that these groups are distinct from the Favorites collection in the Amplify menu and Resource palette.

Also, is there any way to have a search or user note open in an independent floating window instead of a tab? This would be nice as well.

You can set up the tab then ctrl-click the tab title and choose Detach tab. I do this sometimes with a Context window which gets recycled (i.e., it refreshes with whatever scripture link I last clicked).

Nice, thanks! The window tab-detachable feature would be nicer if you could do it without the extra step of control-clicking on tab, and if the floating window was useable defined in size and location.

Thanks again for your help.

Tom

You can use the shortcut option-command-T to detach a tab. We do hope to make the shape of the Resource palette user definable in an upcoming rev.

Archived