#1 Ken Han

Ken Han

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:43 AM

This is mainly about Accordance on OSX, but to some extent also on iOS.

Accordance uses sliders to change the numerical value of a setting in a few places such as "Hits per x words" setting in graphs, as well as various text display preferences and settings. The problem is that the sliders are very hard to control precisely when dragging on the trackpad, and there are some numerical values I never seem to land on. I'd like to suggest that in addition to the slider that Accordance adds either a text input box where the numerical value can be entered directly, and/or scroll up/down buttons.

Trackpads have been standard, of course, on the laptops for ages, and increasingly the better option on desktop computers as well. I think this change will help UI experience of Accordance in some tangible ways.

On iOS, the slider control of text leading is likewise difficult to control precisely. So what I wrote above also applies there.

#2 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:44 AM

We'll take the request under consideration, thanks! One thing to remember is that you can exactly define the Hits per x words value within Set Graph Display (Command-T).
  • Ken Han likes this
Joel Brown

By day: Consultant for Oaktree
By night: Freelance Trombonist and Private Instructor

#3 Ken Han

Ken Han

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:53 AM