#1 Nathan Lovell

Nathan Lovell

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:02 AM

Hello,

Firstly, I'm loving Accordance 10. Thanks for your hard work to make my life easier :)

I was wondering whether it is possible to determine which version of the Bible will display in Quick View when I hover over a bible verse link in a tool or notes window. At the moment it almost always seems to guess wrong. My user notes display verses in Hebrew, when I would rather they were in English, and my Hebrew Grammars display verses in English when I would rather they were in Hebrew! When I am authoring notes, is it possible to select a version that links will link to? What about for a tool like Waltke's grammar?

Also, I wanted to add my voice to the chorus requesting a more advanced user notes platform.Specifically I would like, when I diagram a verse, for that diagram to be attached to the verse somehow - ideally embedded in a user note, but even pasting an image within the user note would be something. I would also find tables - even simple ones - very useful.

Thanks again for your hard work!

Nathan

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,506 posts
  • Twitter:accordancebible
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:25 AM

Nathan, I cannot promise any future features but the text displayed ininstant details is easy to set. You can set each tool and User Tool in Set Tool Display (Display or right-click menus), where you can determins the text and alternate text. I recommend selecting texts that cover different parts of the Bible, so for example, ESV and then NRSV to catch the apocrypha, or GNT-T and HMT-W4, or GNT-T and LXX1. The choice is yours.

User Notes are determined by the pop-up menu labeled Notes order, as there are no preferences for those modules.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#3 Nathan Lovell

Nathan Lovell

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:45 AM

Thanks Helen, I knew there would be a way :)

#4 bjkegley

bjkegley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:54 AM

I think I have had a similar problem (perhaps the same problem). I created a user note with Scripture links. When I hover over the Scripture links it displays the verse in Greek. I checked and saw that the GNT-T was at the top of Recently Opened in the Library window. I then opened ESVS so that it was at the top and now when I hover over the Scripture link it displays it in ESVS. Is there a way to set a certain default that all the Scripture links will show or do I just have to always make sure that I have an English Bible as my most recently opened.
When I click on Set Tool Display from the library window in User Notes it tells me that it isn't possible to edit this.

#5 Steve King

Steve King

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:03 PM

You can set the text you want for scripture links in user notes on the user notes preferences. (Accordance menu, preferences, user notes tab)

Steve King Running Accordance 11.0.2 on:

Mac 10.9.5 (Mavericks), mid-2010 Macbook Pro, 4Gb RAM

IOS 8 (iPad 2 and iPhone 5)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: quick view, notes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users