enhancing accordance searches-wish lists

willrid

I was so happy to find that the new Accord. 10 search no longer gives an error message on "verse" vs. "words" but tries to anticipate what was searched. A huge help.

Recently, I discovered the @range. Pressing shift-cmd-r adds "range" command, but gives an error that you must add <AND> to your search when using words [the ___ command cannot be used as part of a phrase]. I can type it or press another SHFT-CMD-A. My question: If it is known that "AND" is needed, why not simply supply it rather than prompting an error message?

I think that revamping some error messages could stream-line the system, especially if the choice is obvious. The @range command seems a logical example. I'm sure there are others.

On the subject of searches, it would also be interesting to allow a feature that highlights the 'searched' word in the linked text. For example, searching "LOGOS" in a greek text would highlight both the greek word and its translated correspondent in the linked English text as well. I know that I can get this information in other ways, but I've wished for that feature.

Thanks for such an excellent product!

WR

Edited by willrid

• 4 months later...

I agree with this last paragraph. When searching for a Greek/Hebrew word or root or phrase (in GK/Heb or in English), the search results come back with the searched terms in red and/or bolded and/or italicized (depending on your settings). When I then open up a parallel tagged text (original language or English), the words that translate (or undersly) those search terms are not similarly highlighted. It would be so helpful if there were the (default) option to have those also highlighted when I open them up under the same search zone.