#1 Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:52 PM

I just upgraded to Mountain Lion, and discovered that Accordance--at least Accordance 9--does not support Mountain Lion's dictation feature. I was recently diagnosed with MS, and have the most difficulty with my hands. I upgraded to Mountain Lion now to take advantage of the dictation feature, for those days when typing is particularly difficult.

I use User Tools extensively, and User Notes of fair amount, so being able to dictate into those tools is very important.

If dictation is supported in Accordance 10, please let me know. Otherwise, please consider this a feature request.

Lorinda
Running Accordance on:
Mac 10.9 (Mavericks)
iOS 7 (iPad)
Windows Vista Home Premium

#2 Greg Terry

Greg Terry

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Interests:Bible Study & Accordance!, Puritans and John Calvin, Old Testament study - especially Leviticus, Model Railroading, Apple Computers, & Fountain Pens
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 23 September 2012 - 06:29 PM

Lorinda:

I agree that would be a nice feature to add in Accordance. I have found it to be of use myself.

A less than ideal workaround would be to dictate into a text editor or word processor and then import that into Accordance as a user tool or user notes.

Hopefully, full support for the dictation service will be something that can be added in the near future.
Peace!

Greg

"I was but a Pen in God's hand, and what praise is due to a Pen?"

–Richard Baxter–

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users