Photo

Please get rid of or increase character limits on user notes!

User notes

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bob Gonzales

Bob Gonzales

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:33 AM

I am trying to wean myself from using Bibleworks so that Accordance becomes my primary Bible study and research software. However, a big plus of Bibleworks are the integrated user notes. That's where I put my exegesis and research. I include helpful citations from other authors and often include lengthy discussions of important topics related to the verse. For example, on Genesis 3:1 I have an entire discussion of the debate whether or not Genesis 3 is about a "Fall" as well as a discussion regarding the identity of the serpent. When I tried to paste my BW notes into the Accordance notes for that verse, I wasn't permitted because of a 13K character limitation. WHAT A BUMMER! Why such a limitation? Can this be circumvented or removed? Can Accordance do something about this in a future update?

Thanks!

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,155 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:02 AM

The limit is 32K characters, usually plenty. I suggest that you put such a long note into a User Tool and refer to it in the Notes.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#3 Bob Gonzales

Bob Gonzales

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:13 PM

I agree that 32K characters is usually plenty. But when one is doing extensive exegetical and theological work on a particular text, it's not always enough. Someone else suggested that I create a "User Tool" and link it to the notes. But that's the very think I'd like to avoid, i.e., one more extra step. That's why I prefer the Biblework user note interface because it eliminates extra steps like this.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: User notes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users