8 replies to this topic

#1 Dave Chislett

Dave Chislett

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:51 PM

Downloaded latest v10 on Friday. Tried to use help on Saturday as I can't get from interlinear to Strong's Dictionary ( hope that's my newbie status ) but the help isn't working. The navigation framework is there, but no content at all.

#2 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 2,755 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:59 PM

There seems to be an issue with 10.8 Mountain Lion's security settings on Safari. We are hoping that Apple will resolve this situation soon, but there are a couple of solutions:

1) Use our regularly updated online help, available at http://accordancefil...10/Default.htm.
2) Use an alternative browser, such as Firefox or Chrome.
3) Enable Safari's 'Develop' menu via Preferences -> Advanced -> Show Develop menu in menu bar. From the Develop menu, select 'Disable local file restrictions'. This is the most advanced, and potentially not ideal for your situation, so I recommend choices (1) or (2).

Regarding your specific questions, the interlinear is currently read-only, so it cannot be directly mapped to Strong's Dictionaries. However, if coming from a Keyed or Strong's text, just triple click your word to load it in the dictionary.

Does this help?
Joel Brown

By day: Consultant for Oaktree
By night: Freelance Trombonist and Private Instructor

#3 Michael Miles

Michael Miles

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:Blues and Jazz guitar. Rainy days. Assembly Language Programming. Massorah studies & Bible translation.

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:43 PM

Downloaded latest v10 on Friday. Tried to use help on Saturday as I can't get from interlinear to Strong's Dictionary ( hope that's my newbie status ) but the help isn't working. The navigation framework is there, but no content at all.

Hello David,

I've been dealing with this for a few days myself. You can follow my escapades here: http://www.accordanc...?showtopic=8726

Are you using Mountain Lion (OS X 10.8.x) as your operating system? If so, then is the machine new or did you perform a clean install of Mountain Lion versus a patched upgrade from Lion to Mountain Lion?

Thanks,
Michael

#4 Michael Miles

Michael Miles

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:Blues and Jazz guitar. Rainy days. Assembly Language Programming. Massorah studies & Bible translation.

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:54 PM

There seems to be an issue with 10.8 Mountain Lion's security settings on Safari. We are hoping that Apple will resolve this situation soon, but there are a couple of solutions:

I personally do not, at this point, believe that Apple is at fault. It appears that the XMLHttpRequest is working correctly in Safari browsers that exhibit blank screens.

I'm curious - does the help system work on your Windows test machines that your programmers are using to work on the Windows version of Accordance?

#5 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,236 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:01 PM

Yes, the Help works fine in Windows, all the emulator users have access to it.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#6 Michael Miles

Michael Miles

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:30 AM

Yes, the Help works fine in Windows, all the emulator users have access to it.

Thank you for checking. I was wondering how Internet Explorer was reacting to both your server based Help System as well as the disk based Help System that gets installed with Accordance - specifically I was wondering how the disk based was working out.

#7 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,236 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 10:53 AM

This webpage explains how to allow Safari to access local files, such as our Help. Thanks to a user who sent the link.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#8 Michael J. Bolesta

Michael J. Bolesta

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
  • Interests:scripture study, preaching, teaching

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:13 PM

This webpage explains how to allow Safari to access local files, such as our Help. Thanks to a user who sent the link.

This is the same as Joel's third option. Interestingly I have not disabled local file restrictions, and have not experienced any problem accessing help within Safari. For what it is worth...
Michael

#9 David Scott Orkney

David Scott Orkney

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:24 PM

I too had this problem. I'm running Mountain Lion on an upgraded 3-year-old iMac. Disabling local file restrictions made it work. Thanks for the advice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users