Paste abnormality

Robb B

When using the Widget, I have it set to auto insert and copy as citation. I have used this feature with Pages for quite a while without any problems. Tonight, however, I noticed that when I hit return or enter after typing in my reference, it pasted the last thing I had copied into the text field of the widget rather than the biblical text I typed into the text field into my Pages document.

For example, I had copied and pasted some text off a website into my Pages document. Then I wanted to paste Romans 1:16 into the document a little later, so I hit F12 to bring up dashboard, typed in Rom 1.16 in the widget and pushed enter. Dashboard disappeared and Pages received the focus, but nothing pasted into my document. I went back to Dashboard and saw the text of the website I had copied earlier in the text field instead of Rom 1.16!

In short, it seems like it's pasting what is on the cliipboard into the widget rather than the verse from the widget into my word processor. Any ideas for a fix?

Did the problem persist after a reboot?

You could also try reinstalling the widget.

I didn't look there. I scanned all the widget discussion topics and came up empty, but didn't check tech support. Thanks for pointing that out.

I didn't look there. I scanned all the widget discussion topics and came up empty, but didn't check tech support. Thanks for pointing that out.

Robb,

I've found it useful to use the forum search feature for a key term to make sure the topic isn't already covered before posting. Even then, I've still duplicated or missed an answer a time or two.

I see the same issue on two computers since I upgraded to Mac OS X 10.4.7 on each.

The behavior seems to be that the scripture reference is actually copied into the clipboard but is auto-pasted into the search field of the widget rather than on the destination page of the application in use. I am able to paste it by using command+v.

Apologies for the minor delay in getting an updated widget out fixing the problems. Seems Apple changed around some of their widget implementation in 10.4.7 without telling anyone! In all honesty, we are lucky that the widget ran at all. Anyway, once I do some final double-checking and betatesting I'll get a new version uploaded. I'd expect it hopefully in the next few days.

The widget update (v1.4) has been posted and is ready for download. Please see the news article here:

http://www.accordancebible.com/about/news.php

In addition to 10.4.7 support there are some minor bug fixes and a bit of optimization. Hopefully, everything should just run a bit more smoothly.

Archived