3 replies to this topic

#1 Samuel Carmack

Samuel Carmack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Accordance Version:Non-user

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:57 AM

Quick question about switching to Accordance - if I switch to Accordance do I have to repurchase at full price all the resources I own in another Bible software package to get them in Accordance? I'm trying to figure out what would be the required investment to get me up and running on Accordance with the resources I currently own in another Bible software.

It seems like I heard years ago that there was a way to purchase modules already owned in another Bible software package at a discount when switching to Accordance. I wouldn't assume that is true, but figured it was worth asking.

#2 John Fidel

John Fidel

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:17 AM

Accordance offers several crossgrade discounts as outlined here: http://www.accordanc...com/Crossgrades
A call to their customer service or online chat would be recommended so they can address your specific library issues. They are very helpful.
  • PastorDavid likes this

#3 Dan Francis

Dan Francis

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:51 PM

I hope things can work out well for you in your inquires, one thing to remember is the situation is very much like saying I own this Bible in Hard cover, can i get a discount getting it in leather? That being said many Bible software companies allow one to transfer ownership of licences for a very reasonable price, this gives you the opportunity to go the second hand books store (so to speak) route. Now since the transfer fee is $25 selling a single small work will not be easy, but this fee is not per resource but per transfer so bundling up a large number of items it is not that big of deal. Good luck once again, and let me just say, I think you will not regret it if you decide to switch over to Accordance. It is a very stable, fast program. Some have said elsewhere it isn't as user friendly as other software, but I can tell you there is no steep learning curve, and especially if you are familiar to the mac, things should mac sense right away with how things are done.

-dan

#4 Donovan R. Palmer

Donovan R. Palmer

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 22 November 2012 - 12:52 PM

Accordance is the only company that I know that offers crossgrades. If you have a huge library on your other package, it won't satisfy everything, but it might give you a good start in making the switch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users