#1 Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,292 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 06 July 2006 - 03:43 PM

I love the new contextual menus! However, I noticed that when I cntrl-click in the argument entry box of the (GNT-T) Search Window, the words are in Latin letters and symbols, not Greek. Is this by design or a bug? Is it something that can be fixed in future revs? Or is this problem unique to me?

Looking at the "history" of a window currently set to BHS, but at one point set for LXX, I see the history remains even when the search text changes. Is this why all the search text is in latin characters in "History" even if it was Hebrew or Greek in the argument entry box?
Running Accordance on:
Mac 10.9 (Mavericks)
iOS 7 (iPad)
Windows Vista Home Premium

#2 Harry Hoffner

Harry Hoffner

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Emeritus Professor, University of Chicago. Interests Ancient Near Eastern languages and history; biblical studies.

Posted 11 July 2006 - 07:55 PM

I don't know the answer to this. I had never tried to use the "History" box in this way. I wonder if it is a problem switching fonts in the same window, since in your history some searches will be in English, some in Hebrew, some in Greek.

But you're right: it would be nice if this could be fixed -- or maybe the wizards will tell us there is a way to get it to work now!!
Harry Hoffner. Emeritus Professor, The Oriental Institute of the University of Chicago. Founder & Editor of The Hittite Dictionary of the Oriental Institute of the University of Chicago.

#3 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,431 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 12 July 2006 - 05:04 AM

No, it is not possible now. Almost anything can be done with sufficient programming, but we have felt that there are more important things that need to be added to Accordance.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users