• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mark Nigro

Mark Nigro

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Interests:Theology, biblical and modern languages, motorcycles, classical guitar, technology
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:09 AM

I don't normally use the interlinear but wanted to test something yesterday and stumbled upon some strange behavior. When I open the interlinear in the BHS-W4, portions of the transliterated text run off the margin of the pane, causing some of it to be unviewable. Widening the pane doesn't help, it just changes what parts of the text disappear. Magnifying the whole tab space to full screen does let me see all the text, but it results in the transliterated words splitting rather than remaining whole or even hyphening. Notice the screen shot where the text gets cut off to the left margin in normal pane view.

Attached Files

#2 Ken Simpson

Ken Simpson

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,158 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy
    Archaeology
    Physics
    Hebrew and Greek
    Papyrology
    Surgeon

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:01 AM

Hi Mark,
sorry to say I can't make this happen (of course) using either the BHS-W4, or the newer HMT-W4. May I ask why you aren't using the HMT-W4? It is a free upgrade (though you have to order it...for free) and is an improved text over the BHS-W4.

Regards
Ken
Australian Accordance Demonstrator

Administrator, Accordance Exchange

Assistant Minister, Summer Hill Church

#3 Mark Nigro

Mark Nigro

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Interests:Theology, biblical and modern languages, motorcycles, classical guitar, technology

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:14 AM

Ken, thanks for trying! LOL.

I do in fact have the HMT-W4 and use it. Just happened to have the BHS running for this. More habit than conscious preference, really.

But, I am putting up another screen shot because, even with the HMT-W4, as you'll see, the problem persists. As we say in Italy when unsure what to respond, "Boah!"

Attached Files

#4 qqarynne

qqarynne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:33 PM

Hi, I'm wondering if there's any solution to this problem? In my attachment, you'll see that the interlinear gets cut off... in the first line, the last 4 words are completely missing, but what's more chaotic is the ending of verse 8, which is towards the right side of the screenshot - even between verses, the interlinear gets cut off! 

I've tried various text display (separate verses, separate paragraphs), tried different font sizes.. tried expanding my window... something somewhere would disappear anyhow. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

It's not a MAJOR problem, I'd admit - because I can still mouse over for instant details, but it gets a little frustrating that the interlinear isn't as useful as it could be. Help!

Attached Files

#5 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:02 AM

I believe this is actually a bug - it seems in certain cases its not splitting up the lines properly, so they end up being a lot wider than necessary!  For example, the 'indp1comsg' really should have spaces and be on multiple lines.  We'll investigate.

Joel Brown

By day: Consultant for Oaktree
By night: Freelance Trombonist and Private Instructor

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Text alignment, Split words, Interlinear

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users